Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar comes with "Strap Buttons: Epiphone StrapLocks"

LGK_Dude

Hello,

I'm looking at some Epi's and noticed that they come with "Strap Buttons Epiphone StrapLocks." As you know straplocks are two part system, the guitar and the strap. Does this mean the guitar only has the strap buttons on the guitar, and nothing for the actual straps? Basically, would I be ok buying any strap I want for this guitar? Also, how well do the Epiphone Straplocks work? Should they be upgraded or do they work fine? If it helps I'm looking at the Epiphone Tribute and Epiphone Prophecy.

This would be my first guitar, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Thanks!

The Epi Staplock system is pretty good-not absolutely foolproof but still pretty good.How it works is: the guitar has regular strap buttons with a separate cam that's in 2 pieces.You place one part on each side of the strap button slots and then screw them together.All you do then is slide the groove in the cam over the strap button until it clicks and you have very good protection from dropping your guitar.

These came with my Bonamassa LP. Prety cool and simple to use. But I wouldnt do any wild strap flips with them. Ive had the nuts come loose a couple times. These were tightened with a wrench and still backed off. Might have to lock tite them.

I just bought a used LP Plus Top Pro FX, about which I'm really excited. Re the straplocks: because this was a used guitar, it came with the strap lock posts on the guitar, but not the locks for the straps themselves. So the question is, where can I get replacements? They're not available on the guitar store websites or in stores, and aren't listed on the parts sections of the Epi and Gibson websites. Meanwhile, I'm using Dunlop strap locks, which fit the Epi posts ... but they raise the strap off the guitar by a considerable distance. I'd like the Epi locks, because that would lower profile. Any advice on where to find these?

Archived