Gibson Brands Forums

Tried the new J-35 today

ParlourMan

Thoroughly decent bit of kit. Had I not already bought a J-45 and a J-50 I'd have bought it.

Anyone looking for a slope could do a lot worse than check it out. Nice one Montana.

seriously thinking about it PM... does the nut seem wider to you..like others have posted

and what was the pricing?..is Thomann the cheapest ?

Neck & nut was comfortable, didn't feel significantly different to be honest, was decent, very decent actually. I was in GuitarGuitar in Glasgow, price was £1199.

Was very cool, can't really justify another slope myself, but if I was so inclined I'd be all over it like a rash. If you're in the market Del, you could do a lot worse than look at these. Very nifty indeed.

Also had a wood body NRP tricone M1 for £1199 too. Lovely.

cheers PM

I'm liking the price of these...and Thomann.is gonna be hard to beat.. but I'm really thinking i want a wider nut..1 & 3/4.

Would love to wait till JT's banner re-issues arrive on the scene...... but July is a long way away in the guitar gAS world...and I'm thinking they gonna be in the high end pricing..guessing + $3000

JT ? heh hehe ;~)

The neck was generous enough, Del, having the 1.725 and 1.75 guitars in my stable I'd say there's not much in it. In fact there's not too much on it between a 45 neck and my Keb Mo which is 1.805.

I think sometimes people get caught up in the most minute of spec variations which when tested side by side only show how little there is in it.

I'd agree that JT's specials will likely be a heavier budget stretch. If yer in the market for a slope I'd give these a serious look, as I said before it, if I didn't have 2 slopes already i would have bought it and this would have been a NGD thread.

You really need to play one of these to get a feel for the neck and the nut width. I would have sworn mine was 1.75 until I measured it. The girth of the neck is GREAT for my hands and playing style. Seems much wider than my Martins with a 1-11/16" nut.

Overall, a very fine instrument at at a great price point. I expect these to go up in price before long. Quite a bargain now.

RB

You may be right RB

I remember getting my HB TV for a seriously good price in 2011...by the end of 2012 they had gone up 1000 Euro give or take a few !!!!!

If Thomann/Gibson see a lot of units moving...I think the price will rise quickly.

Only thing is..I may have to buy unseen from the web...not 1 Gibson authorized dealer in Ireland now. I really want to try one before buying.. so will hopefully get a chance next trip across the sea.

At £1199 I think it's well worth the punt...

If you go through Thomann you have the 30 day money back guarantee, worth a shot.

We both know this would be the perfect complementary guitar to your HB-TV Del ... am I right, or am I right or am I right ??

Is the headstock shape and tuner layout the same as a J45 on these?

I quite fancy getting one and would like the option of fitting the tronical tune/min-etune system, the templates are here if someone could be kind enough to take a ruler to one.

Thanks

Is the headstock shape and tuner layout the same as a J45 on these?

I quite fancy getting one and would like the option of fitting the tronical tune/min-etune system, the templates are here if someone could be kind enough to take a ruler to one.

Thanks

" tronical tune/min-etune system, "

The what ..... ? [blink]

" tronical tune/min-etune system, "

The what ..... ? [blink]

Sorry, this, the newest robot tech like on the new tribute les pauls and SGs. You can get add on (totally reverseable) kits that fit most gibsons (acoustic and electric).

P_AJ220CERobot-NA5.jpg

I use open tunings a lot so would be a godsend for me doing open mics and the such like.

Archived