Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul X

CoreyT

Hello!

Call me a stubborn conservative...If that beauty came with, - let's say - three mini-humbuckers (or P-90s, or the combination of both), and without the "gadget", I'd call it a great-great guitar.

Nice finish, interesting headstock and body-shape. I really like it, but I wouldn't need these electronics.

Cheers... Bence

Great guitar...! Yes there is a learning curve there but i bet once you get it down it can be very fun and creative... [thumbup]

Hello Dave!

Yes, I understand. It might turn out to be a good guitar for me either. But knowing myself, how much time I can waste twisting the knobs on an overdrive pedal to get the right sound, I am afraid I couldn't live with permanently built-in effects.

But all I said is told unseen...who knows... if could try one.

Cheers... Bence

So it's an Explorer X in a Les Paul body and neck - good idea. I think this technology has it's place mainly for studio work (bring one guitar to a session instead of 6 or more). And for people who love gadgets they will have a wonderful time. Personally I am more about the songs than the gadgetry and would rather spend this kind of money on a really great sounding vintage LP than on a guitar packed with effects. With all the electronics packed into it is it even heavier than a regular LP? And do circuit boards and switches filling up the cavities have an effect on the resonance or tone? I guess the tone doesn't matter as the sounds coming out of it are mostly digitally generated.

Archived