Gibson Brands Forums

CHRISTmas

Gman

Well here we are again It's that time of year when you notice people being extra nice to others,and giving gifts and good cheer.I hope we all remember what the true meaning of CHRISTmas really is CHRIST the child was born to be crucified on a cross for all our sins a man that was sinless. Guilty of nothing but Loveing man enough to give up his life so we may be saved. All we have to do is confess our Love for JESUS CHRIST and ask forgiveness of our sins and believe and have Faith in the SON of GOD Amen

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't we have a rather heated debate about this last year at the same time? we're not gonna do this again are we? while i appreciate a well meaning christmas wish, not everyone believes the same thing, ya know? i think this board should remain secular. it's a guitar forum after all. wish folks a happy or merry christmas but don't take it upon yourself to proselytize. it shows a lack of respect for other folks views.

I agree with jannusguy. I'm very religious (won't say which one, not because I'm a Satanist, but because I prefer to keep this forum secular...) and I keep my thoughts to myself. I agree that we should remember the true meaning of Christmas... but that doesn't have to include preaching on the forum.

No offense.

Merry Christmas and Best Regards,

SRV-Zeppelin

Obviously christmas is no longer about jesus. Let’s face it: in the war of Santa vs. Jesus, Santa has tasted victory. And I think that is fantastic. Christmas has slowly morphed into a season of caring, charity, joy and goodwill for all people.

Isn’t it way better to have a secular christmas? To have a whole population embrace the spirit and not just a religious minority? Seems pretty obvious to me that the answer is yes. Even the most ardent christian would have to concede the beneficial utilitarian aspect of a universal holiday of goodness.

everyone is entitled to a well-expressed, objective opinion and a reply that matches in kind. he wasn't forcing it down anyone's throat. respectfully, its not my cup of tea, either but i respect that it may be someone else's.

just as long as this thread doesn't get out of hand and digress as all roads seem to lead to bridge pins.

srv-zep - your sig got many laughs at work for me the other night. thanks! ( i gave you credit, too)

everyone is entitled to a well-expressed' date=' objective opinion [/quote']

there is a difference between what you've described and how i see what gman wrote. i read it as an admonition. and a presumptuous one at that. i'm not gonna get my shorts in a knot about it (again) but i do think it would be interesting to watch the fallout if it were posted in the "lounge". for some reason lions come to mind.

Obviously christmas is no longer about jesus. Let’s face it: in the war of Santa vs. Jesus' date=' Santa has tasted victory. And I think that is fantastic. Christmas has slowly morphed into a season of caring, charity, joy and goodwill for all people.

Isn’t it way better to have a secular christmas? To have a whole population embrace the spirit and not just a religious minority? Seems pretty obvious to me that the answer is yes. Even the most ardent christian would have to concede the beneficial utilitarian aspect of a universal holiday of goodness.

[/quote']

works for me. well said.

I've always considered someones choice of religious beliefe to be just that...a personal choice. I'm not so small minded and scared of others that I need to bash those who don't agree with me but I do wonder if those whom think so little of Christianity still buy and accept gifts at Christmas? Do they still take the day off work as a paid holiday? does that not make them two-faced or hippocartes?

There are three things I have learned never to discus with people: religion, polictics and the Great Pumpkin. (Linus Van Pelt)

Methinks some of thou dost protest too much. . .

Whether the post belongs in THIS forum is a valid question. However, to be offended by the post's content would seem to defy logic, especially in the face of what's offered in the media on daily basis.

And if the first bashing comes from a newbie's first post - I'm inclined to consider think: TROLLING

Anyone who doesn't like the original post could easily let the thread die by NOT posting to it - which is precisely what folks typically do. It seems like overkill to go out of one's way to vent/bash when it's simply suggested that we all should remember the real reason for Christmas. Dang, what a heinous idea to even consider!

Archived