Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Songwriter

Spencern40

Help, having just taken delivery A Gibson Songwriter Deluxe (I am in love already) inserting a battery into the control box is diffuclt I believe that the cap for the 9v battery is missing or does it just sit on the springs, does it require one? Does a member have a diagram of how it should luck?

Thank you in advance

Nick

Hi and welcome. Congrats on the new Songwriter. It sounds like you are missing the cover. I don't have one but I'm sure someone here does. Help is on the way! Pics are always welcomed and encouraged, especially when describing a problem. Let's have a look at that Songwriter!

Help, having just taken delivery A Gibson Songwriter Deluxe (I am in love already) inserting a battery into the control box is diffuclt I believe that the cap for the 9v battery is missing or does it just sit on the springs, does it require one? Does a member have a diagram of how it should luck?

Thank you in advance

Nick

Hi Nick, hope you have wonderful time with your Songwriter...yes it just sits on these (too long) springs. I had to put a small piece of tape over the small rectangular metal plate because it had a tendency to pop out (before fixing it a better way). Here's a pic of mine that I hope will show you if you're missing something.

Hi Nick, hope you have wonderful time with your Songwriter...yes it just sits on these (too long) springs. I had to put a small piece of tape over the small rectangular metal plate because it had a tendency to pop out (before fixing it a better way). Here's a pic of mine that I hope will show you if you're missing something.

Hi Guys, I haven't had the need to change my battery yet. Now I'll know how to when the time comes. Thanks for the information.

Cheers, Alan.

post-2169-030720100 1365880619_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance

Nick

Wow guys what a forum, great answer and a photo, thanks for getting back to me, all sorted and I am on my way. Utilising the songwriter with a Laney accoustic just realised what I have been missing all these years

Thaks very much

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived