Gibson Guitar Board: Gibson Songwriter - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson Songwriter Insering a battery

#1 User is offline   Spencern40 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Help, having just taken delivery A Gibson Songwriter Deluxe (I am in love already) inserting a battery into the control box is diffuclt I believe that the cap for the 9v battery is missing or does it just sit on the springs, does it require one? Does a member have a diagram of how it should luck?
Thank you in advance

Nick

#2 User is offline   aliasphobias 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hi and welcome. Congrats on the new Songwriter. It sounds like you are missing the cover. I don't have one but I'm sure someone here does. Help is on the way! Pics are always welcomed and encouraged, especially when describing a problem. Let's have a look at that Songwriter!

#3 User is offline   Run 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostSpencern40, on 12 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Help, having just taken delivery A Gibson Songwriter Deluxe (I am in love already) inserting a battery into the control box is diffuclt I believe that the cap for the 9v battery is missing or does it just sit on the springs, does it require one? Does a member have a diagram of how it should luck?
Thank you in advance

Nick

Hi Nick, hope you have wonderful time with your Songwriter...yes it just sits on these (too long) springs. I had to put a small piece of tape over the small rectangular metal plate because it had a tendency to pop out (before fixing it a better way). Here's a pic of mine that I hope will show you if you're missing something.

#4 User is offline   alanbakewell 

• LocationBurntwood, Middle of England

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostRun, on 13 April 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Hi Nick, hope you have wonderful time with your Songwriter...yes it just sits on these (too long) springs. I had to put a small piece of tape over the small rectangular metal plate because it had a tendency to pop out (before fixing it a better way). Here's a pic of mine that I hope will show you if you're missing something.

Attachment DSC06847.JPG

Hi Guys, I haven't had the need to change my battery yet. Now I'll know how to when the time comes. Thanks for the information.

Cheers, Alan.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Gibson songwriter deluxe custom.jpg

#5 User is offline   Spencern40 

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostSpencern40, on 12 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Thank you in advance

Nick

Wow guys what a forum, great answer and a photo, thanks for getting back to me, all sorted and I am on my way. Utilising the songwriter with a Laney accoustic just realised what I have been missing all these years
Thaks very much
Nick

#6 User is offline   Run 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Glad if it has been of any help...enjoy....Posted Image

#7 User is offline   RevDavidLee 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationChurch of Tone

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

I bought my Songwriter Deluxe back in 08 and it is my go to acoustic for "songwriting" which is exactly why I bought it. Enjoy your new Gibson!!! It just gets sweeter with age [love]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users