Gibson Brands Forums

Post pics of your fave Archtop

AlanC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me thinks one of them 295s needs a bigsby [thumbup]

Haha,the reissues do have Bigsbys (i think),but the old ones didn't come with them. However i do have Bigsbys on my Gretsches and a couple more. [thumbup]

yea, I probably would not screw with the sunburst one, but I'd be tempted on the one that was refinished as the value has already been compromised from a vintage value pov.

but anyway, I always fancied the gold top es-295s with the bigsby's but, alas out of production now...

• 3 weeks later...

My current lineup. Sorry guys, I just can't pic a favorite . . . not yet anyway. [-(

L4 CES

DSCN0162.jpg

Epi Elitist Byrdland

27.jpg

Epi Elitist Broadway

DSCN0086.jpg

Guild X150 Savoy

107.jpg

All lined up in the Lizard Lounge and ready for action! [woot]

100_1540_zpsd889d836.jpg

100_1535_zps72fb7836.jpg

Ever refurbished?

Thank you. Everything is original except the finish. It was refinished by Nashville luthier Mark Piper, who once led the production of Benedetto guitars for Guild/Fender. All the parts were polished and detailed, and a perfect refret was done. It's a dream to play.

I do have a short video, although to be fair, YouTube compression butchers the sound. In person it's much richer and dynamic.

Nevertheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aw5mdFaYMw

Wow, sounds and looks absolutely beautiful. Nice playing as well. Say, has anybody ever told you that you look an awful lot like Christopher Meloni? :-k

ChristopherMeloni_zps2ce98bca.jpg

• 1 year later...

Nice to see this thread again!

One of mine:

D*ck Knight archtop, mid-1980s, 25 1/2" scale, 24 frets, Schaller golden 50 pups with push/pulls and Schaller crank buttons on the machine heads -

Knight2WebJan14_zps56111380.jpg

Regards!

Archived