Gibson Brands Forums

Post pics of your fave Archtop

AlanC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan - you can correct that. Click edit on your original post, then select "full editor" and there you can alter your topic title.

Thanks BigKahune much appreciated

OK, I'll play

1990 James Hutchins signed "Historic" L-5CES

2956909899_6564854002.jpg

Luv it Larry. Looks a beauty. With a name L5Larry hard to imagine you having anything other than an L-5 as your fave.

Can't decide. I go back and forth:

DSC_0003-1.jpg

...OR:

DSC_0226.jpg

Both very fine instruments. Similar...but very different personalities. In the end, the 335 is the more versatile. Still though...

These are both very beautiful. Love the gold hardware on your 335. Can't recall seeing that as an option before.

With a name L5Larry hard to imagine you having anything other than an L-5 as your fave.

Well, it's actually a hard decision. My "acoustic" archtop is a 1947 L-7 (with a pickguard mounted Benedetto S-6 pickup), and it does sometimes become a hard choice on which one to grab.

5443652520_178567663f.jpg

5443652290_4669e67d2f.jpg

Now if someone would just give a 1948 L-5P, I'd never be able to choose!

These are both very beautiful. Love the gold hardware on your 335. Can't recall seeing that as an option before.

Yeah, this 335 seems to be a limited edition. When I found it I actually found 2 in town, at 2 different shops. The top is much more heavily flamed than the typical 335. To me it does have a different sound than other 335s I've played. But of course, that's so subjective.

• 2 weeks later...

Tough to pick a favorite... I might have to go with the L5CT, which I've had the longest (almost 25 years).

'63 L5CT(ES) --- '66 L5CN(CC) custom --- '62 Sheraton --- '60 Country Gentleman

Jsgroup20122desktop.png

Tough to pick a favorite... I might have to go with the L5CT, which I've had the longest (almost 25 years).

'63 L5CT(ES) --- '66 L5CN(CC) custom --- '62 Sheraton --- '60 Country Gentleman

Jsgroup20122desktop.png

Just a beautiful set of great guitars. Particularly luv the L5CT. Congrats Jim

IMG_0438.jpg

Beautiful guitar, but it's not an archtop!

Thinline semi-hollow bodies are just that, "thinlines". An archtop is something completely different. If a 335 is an ARCHTOP, then so is a Les Paul.

Beautiful guitar, but it's not an archtop!

Thinline semi-hollow bodies are just that, "thinlines". An archtop is something completely different. If a 335 is an ARCHTOP, then so is a Les Paul.

Yeah, I know. It's the closest thing I have. What's beautiful is the way it sounds! Thanks.

Archived