Gibson Brands Forums

Studio Limited, can you load DF or X patches?

ke3ee

• 1 month later...

Watching a video for the DF's and X's I see that they have a patch to simulate a 12 string. Can these patches be uploaded into A studio Limited? Can we save and share patches amongst users?

I also wonder about sharing patches. Can you post the links for the 12 string effect here?" Have you contacted Gibson tech support by email yet? I have got some interesting things so far. Using the RIP unit to pan the strings on alternate speakers. Tried every other string/speaker, it's good for strumming chords. I found for finger picking having the E, A,D on one side and G, B, E on the other work best for me. The trick was to use the ECHO firewire console (in hex mode).. then the panning feature, even though I am not using a hex cable but the supplied stereo cable! I am currently writing presets in the yellow mode. So far I am able to configure the pickups, acoustic and different eq's in any configuration for various songs. Still looking for a great EQ for the piezo pickup. I would like to be able to trade these settings. I wonder if it's possible? Have you found a good EQ for the piezo ? Maybe we should start a 2012 limited sub forum here? [thumbup]

I also wonder about sharing patches. Can you post the links for the 12 string effect here?" Have you contacted Gibson tech support by email yet? I have got some interesting things so far. Using the RIP unit to pan the strings on alternate speakers. Tried every other string/speaker, it's good for strumming chords. I found for finger picking having the E, A,D on one side and G, B, E on the other work best for me. The trick was to use the ECHO firewire console (in hex mode).. then the panning feature, even though I am not using a hex cable but the supplied stereo cable! I am currently writing presets in the yellow mode. So far I am able to configure the pickups, acoustic and different eq's in any configuration for various songs. Still looking for a great EQ for the piezo pickup. I would like to be able to trade these settings. I wonder if it's possible? Have you found a good EQ for the piezo ? Maybe we should start a 2012 limited sub forum here? [thumbup]

A Darkfire has a 12 string patch? Inside the guitar? Really?

• 1 year later...

Watching a video for the DF's and X's I see that they have a patch to simulate a 12 string. Can these patches be uploaded into A studio Limited? Can we save and share patches amongst users?

I have something that simulates a 12 string - its a bloody guitar with 12 strings!! Leave the video game tech to the computer geeks and get on with playing your guitars. No amount of gadgets and gizmos will make you play any better, its only playing the guitar that does that.

I have sat on the couch and watched a thousand you tube keep fit videos but not lost an inch off my waistline - there must be something wrong with the videos!

Archived