Gibson Brands Forums

Min-Etune

mighty4th

Has anyone heard whether min-etune will be available as a retro fit or sold by itself. I might buy one for an old guitar but I don't think I will buy a new one just to get it. Also , let me know if you have one and how it is working out. Thanks.

I love the tech. But not very popular around here so not many people have any idea of what's going on. The new units are self contained - no more connections in the bridge or stop as with the original units.

The company is Tronical. Check installable units here - http://store.tronical-components.com/select-your-guitar-model-below/

Yes it is available by itself to install on your guitar. I do not have one, so cannot comment on how well it works. Have not played a guitar with one so don't know if it makes the guitar top heavy due to extra weight on headstock.

Yes it is available by itself to install on your guitar. I do not have one, so cannot comment on how well it works. Have not played a guitar with one so don't know if it makes the guitar top heavy due to extra weight on headstock.

They aren't very heavy... so you're good on that.

Only concerns are durability and moisture. Don't let a bar rat spill beer on it.... and treat it nice. Robotic hardware works great, but doing silly things like forcing manual tune, hitting it into things, and general things we try NOT to do to our guitars will likely break it easier than a traditional headstock.

Archived