Gibson Brands Forums

Custom guitar colors

Zeppeholic

Hello, I just joined the Gibson board and was wondering what all the colors were for a custom guitar. I was hoping in custom ordering a new Les Paul in my own colors, but I'm not sure about all the colors that are available. If you guys could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Please include all sunbursts and colors and such. Thank you!!!

Guest Farnsbarns

I think if you order a custom instrument you can have almost any colour. Just a heads up, Gibson aren't taking orders at the mo.

Traditionally speaking, the LP Custom guitar is usually one of the solid color finishes: alpine white, ebony, wine red. However, they do some burst finishes as well.

I picked up this new LP Custom in faded tobacco burst a few weeks back, so burst finishes are out there.

IMG_0982_zps4eac5e19.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Traditionally speaking, the LP Custom guitar is usually one of the solid color finishes: alpine white, ebony, wine red. However, they do some burst finishes as well.

I picked up this new LP Custom in faded tobacco burst a few weeks back, so burst finishes are out there.

IMG_0982_zps4eac5e19.jpg

LP Custom = a production model

Special order LP from the custom shop = a custom order, you can have what you want within reason. Don't get the two things confused. [wink]

Within reason? All I really want is a black purple and teal Burst LP with flamed maple, and the 60's slimtaper neck, nitrocellulose lacquer finish. That and maybe a black, dark green and light green one with a bigsby, is that within reason?

Archived