Gibson Brands Forums

Neck joint on SS-F2

Proja

Hi,

I am looking for a travel guitar and found the SS-F2 as well as the SS-F2 custom at my local dealer. I was positively impressed by the SS-F2 (it was cheaper than the custom and for a travel guitar, I believe it to be superb) but have a doubt. At Steinberger website, in the general description of the SS-F2 (also in the case of the SS-F2 custom) it is stated that it has a "neck-thru body design", whereas in the specs it is said that the neck joint is a "ste" (I assume, it is a misspelt "set") neck. In the case of the SS-F2 customs, the specs say that neck joint is neck-thru.

However, I did not notice any difference between each guitar (I believed the only difference being the body finish). Could anyone confirm whether the SS-F2 neck-joint is actually a set-neck and not a neck-thru (and that it is different from the neck joint used in the custom)? I have searched over the web, but have not found any information on this issue.

Thanks!

PS. Sorry for my bad non-native English!

Could anyone confirm whether the SS-F2 neck-joint is actually a set-neck and not a neck-thru (and that it is different from the neck joint used in the custom)? I have searched over the web, but have not found any information on this issue.

Hi Proja,

that's a mistake in the Synapse specs. They have a neck-thru-body design, no matter if it's a "custom" or a regular one. The Demon has a set-neck. Not the first time there are copy/paste mistakes on the web ;)

Sorry for my bad non-native English!

Although I'm also non-natively speaking English, I'd say there's nothing wrong with it. I perfectly understood you :)

Bernd

Hi Proja,

that's a mistake in the Synapse specs. They have a neck-thru-body design, no matter if it's a "custom" or a regular one. The Demon has a set-neck. Not the first time there are copy/paste mistakes on the web ;)

Although I'm also non-natively speaking English, I'd say there's nothing wrong with it. I perfectly understood you :)

Bernd

Thank you, Bernd. The information at the website was driving me crazy. Then I'll go for the "standard" SS-F2.

Archived