Gibson Brands Forums

New Gary Moore Standard

Rabs

There was a "limited issue" version of this back in 2000.

I took my younger brother to Peter Cook's in Hanwell, London to buy one, when they came out. Great guitar - it had the same lemonburst finish (the one we got had a nicer stripe than the new pics) and the same faux binding and unbound fingerboard, as this re-release, but had uncovered (original) burstbuckers, (not pro's) with a zebra in the neck. Looked really cool. Proper case with nice royal blue interior and shroud (with Gary Moore signature). (Unfitted) scratchplate with GM signature too.. From memory, it was well priced, but Peter Cook's always had good deals going on....

Guest Farnsbarns

There was a "limited issue" version of this back in 2000.

I took my younger brother to Peter Cook's in Hanwell, London to buy one, when they came out. Great guitar - it had the same lemonburst finish (the one we got had a nicer stripe than the new pics) and the same faux binding and unbound fingerboard, as this re-release, but had uncovered (original) burstbuckers, (not pro's) with a zebra in the neck. Looked really cool. Proper case with nice royal blue interior and shroud (with Gary Moore signature). (Unfitted) scratchplate with GM signature too.. From memory, it was well priced, but Peter Cook's always had good deals going on....

S T E V E had one of those (do you remember him?). He sold it thinking he was about to loose his job but his job turned out to be safe. I remember being gutted because at that time I could have bought it but missed out.

It would be cool if S T E V E paid us a visit!

Archived