Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone thunderhorse

0mega

Hi guys. I'm actually a new member here and well I have been lurking these forums for quite a while and there seems to be a quite few knowledgeable people. Anyways I am considering picking up the Epiphone thunderhorse. I saw the specs and was quite impressed except when i saw the phenolic fingerboard material. I don't know much about that material or if it really even matters. So any insight would be greatly appreciated. And also any opinions and insight regarding the guitar in general is also welcomed. thanks guys.

Welcome aboard to the forums. As far as the Thunderhorse is concerned , IMO your best bet is to go out and see if there are any retailers in your area that have the guitar in stock. This way you can try it out for yourself and see if it's something you'd be comfortable with. Also, go to www.youtube.com and see if there are any videos of reviews of it as well. This would give you a idea of how it sounds .

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately none of my local guitar shops are going to carry the guitar. I can have it special ordered but I have to pay it all off up front. Also as far youtube videos. The only one available for the Epiphone version are ones where the Brendon Small is playing it and not for too long. It sounded good from what I've heard. My only concern was the phenolic fingerboard. Aside from that it has the exact look I've always wanted for a guitar.

I guess I will just buy it next week. I might post a short review of the guitar if anyone is interested.

Well some unfortunate news. The online retailer that I was going to purchase from just postponed the release date of the guitar. It was pushed back from may 2nd to mid june. So I wont get the guitar till then. Really bummed about that though. All other retailers have it around the same date as well. As soon as I get it ill let you know how she plays.

Hi guys. I'm actually a new member here and well I have been lurking these forums for quite a while and there seems to be a quite few knowledgeable people. Anyways I am considering picking up the Epiphone thunderhorse. I saw the specs and was quite impressed except when i saw the phenolic fingerboard material. I don't know much about that material or if it really even matters. So any insight would be greatly appreciated. And also any opinions and insight regarding the guitar in general is also welcomed. thanks guys.

I buy my guitars on line all the time i do it on a payment plan and if i don't like it i send it back.

That's actually what I plan to do as well.I'm gonna make my pre-order on Thursday and from then on it will be on payments. I can afford the guitar in full just a bit unsure of the fingerboard material. I've liked what I heard so far from the guitar as far as sound and I hope the phenolic fingerboard wont be an issue. But I'm super excited because I'm gonna be one of the first to get the Epiphone version. I'll let you guys know how she plays. Thanks for the advice thomse.

I just wanted to keep you guys updated. I ordered the guitar already. Well pre-ordered... Anyways I was able to get a pretty good discount off of it. A sweet 7%. I know not much but better than nothing. So I'm pretty happy. I should get it some time mid June. I'll keep you guys updated when it arrives.

Archived