Gibson Brands Forums

Great young player.

LarryUK

I'm typically not a big fan of shredders. Probably because the ones I do hear--that's all they do is shred. BUT, in all sincerity, this guy seems miles-ahead of the mindless twits I encounter at Guitar Center. Certainly more talented that I am (but he shouldn't get a big head because of that...lol).

I'm with Missouri...most shredders are so generic. This guy has a nice soulful style. [thumbup]

That's what took me. He plays nice melodic runs with the odd shred. His dad's a guitarist too. It shows doesn't it?

My whole point on my rants about shredders is. I see loads of videos of superb players that can play a 100 notes a second with ease. But more often than not, their vibrato is s**t and can they write songs? No. Look at the biggest players over the last 30 years. Not many shredders. Why? I believe that, that style of player over educates their mind and loses the ability to write simple music. I know we've got Vai/Satriani, but their music isn't simple. Could they write 'Hotel California? or 'Sharp dressed man'? I think not.

Archived