Gibson Brands Forums

tuner knob washers

fevitz GC OZ

Hello ! my question is where the tuning knobs tighten at the bridge of a L2 1982 brooklyn bass model .

Does anyone know if there should be any washers between the outer bridge and the tuning knob where it

turns to tighten the string ? As the jaw is pulled inside the bridge via this knob is seems that it should have a

washer . I may be wrong but just asking .

thanks for any info .

rick

Hello ! my question is where the tuning knobs tighten at the bridge of a L2 1982 brooklyn bass model .

Does anyone know if there should be any washers between the outer bridge and the tuning knob where it

turns to tighten the string ? As the jaw is pulled inside the bridge via this knob is seems that it should have a

washer . I may be wrong but just asking .

thanks for any info .

rick

Rick,

as far as I can see my L2 has two washers on each tuning knob. All other bridges (including guitar bridges) have washers there, too.

Bernd

Rick,

as far as I can see my L2 has two washers on each tuning knob. All other bridges (including guitar bridges) have washers there, too.

Bernd

BERND , THANK YOU !

Im going to have these put in as ive noticed a slight drag when ive had on the rare occasion to check tuning . Id assume they are miniscule in size and

probably paper thin .

rick

BERND , THANK YOU !

Im going to have these put in as ive noticed a slight drag when ive had on the rare occasion to check tuning . Id assume they are miniscule in size and

probably paper thin .

rick

Hi Rick,

it's a little bit hard to take measurements while they are installed, but I'd say they are about 6.35 mm (1/4") outer diameter and about 0.3 mm thick.

Bernd

Hi Rick,

it's a little bit hard to take measurements while they are installed, but I'd say they are about 6.35 mm (1/4") outer diameter and about 0.3 mm thick.

Bernd

Ill get some of these , we have a nuts and bolts outlet here on the gold coast so ill have no problem getting these , and while im at it i also need an allen key for the the 3 screws on the top of the bridge . They have those as well .

thanks again cheers rick

I would like to add , i played last sat nte . I took my stingray LTD and the steinberger . Ive got the ampeg svt 3 + a pair of 4 x 10 cabs . Both basses absolutely nailed it as i swapped over through the night , but the S B got thumbs up for sustain ,warmth, and fret sound consistency .

looking forward to it again .

rick

Archived