Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Signature T Grover locking tuners

WRS

Recieved my Les Paul sidnature T from sweetwater Wednesday.This morning I am in the process of re-stringing and the locking tuners on the low E and A string will not tighten up.Any subjestions?Thanks,Rocky.

post-37600-042306900 1368198899_thumb.jpg

Recieved my Les Paul sidnature T from sweetwater Wednesday.This morning I am in the process of re-stringing and the locking tuners on the low E and A string will not tighten up.Any subjestions?Thanks,Rocky.

I took the string out and the "locking device"tightend up.Re inserted string and it works fine.Seems the thicker strings of the low E and A are the reason.Just have to push a little harder to get the threads to start.

I took the string out and the "locking device"tightend up.Re inserted string and it works fine.Seems the thicker strings of the low E and A are the reason.Just have to push a little harder to get the threads to start.

Nice troubleshooting!! What gauge strings are you using? Are they SRV telephone wire-type strings??

That's purdy ...

Nice troubleshooting!! What gauge strings are you using? Are they SRV telephone wire-type strings??

Naw,Slinky 10's.I ordered this Guitar Monday 5-6 from Sweetwater and it was delivered Wed.5-8.I could not put it down for two days,finally on Friday decided to put the strings I normally use on it.I panicked because I could'nt get the locking tuners on the A and low E to tighten up(this is the first guitar I've had with locking tuners),I had already changed theE,B,G,D with no problems.I called Sweetwater and their tech said he thought it was because the E and A were thicker than the other strings it was'nt lining up for the threads to tighten up and subjested I take the string out of tuners to see if the locking tuners would tighen up,He also checked to see where the closest Gibson service tech to my area was.The closest was over 2 hrs.away.He said to try the above and if that did'nt work,to send it back to them and they would either replace the tuners or if I wanted to,replace the GuitarThis guitar has the "TONE to die for" so I did'nt want a replacement.Anyway I tried his subjestion and everything works great.This is the first time I've dealt with Sweetwater,They are the BEST.You see pictures of actual guitars w/serial numbers and also lists the weight of a particular guitar.Mine is just under 10#"s.They also removed the Big T trussrod cover and replaced it with a Traditional cover.They e-mailed me all the pics of my guitar.They are the Best.

post-37600-026931200 1368254323_thumb.jpg

Naw,Slinky 10's.I ordered this Guitar Monday 5-6 from Sweetwater and it was delivered Wed.5-8.I could not put it down for two days,finally on Friday decided to put the strings I normally use on it.I panicked because I could'nt get the locking tuners on the A and low E to tighten up(this is the first guitar I've had with locking tuners),I had already changed theE,B,G,D with no problems.I called Sweetwater and their tech said he thought it was because the E and A were thicker than the other strings it was'nt lining up for the threads to tighten up and subjested I take the string out of tuners to see if the locking tuners would tighen up,He also checked to see where the closest Gibson service tech to my area was.The closest was over 2 hrs.away.He said to try the above and if that did'nt work,to send it back to them and they would either replace the tuners or if I wanted to,replace the GuitarThis guitar has the "TONE to die for" so I did'nt want a replacement.Anyway I tried his subjestion and everything works great.This is the first time I've dealt with Sweetwater,They are the BEST.You see pictures of actual guitars w/serial numbers and also lists the weight of a particular guitar.Mine is just under 10#"s.They also removed the Big T trussrod cover and replaced it with a Traditional cover.They e-mailed me all the pics of my guitar.They are the Best.

I would also like to add the 57 pups has coil splitting.the "tones I get out of this(I play through an old Marshll 3203Artist with 4-10's)is unbelievable. It can do all that I need,Molly Hatchet,Shynerd,Allman Bros,Gary Moore and SRV.The finish to me is as good as it gets.If I can put it down long enough I'll take some home pics and post em,Rocky.

post-37600-091230800 1368255056_thumb.jpg

Well you are the third person on this board to not only get one but change that truss rod cover.

Do you think Gibson will take a hint and take that silly "T" Mobile truss rod cover off start putting a Blank one on?

I did the same thing I got a Custom Classic year before and I put the Les Paul Custom truss rod cover on it took off the blank one.

Soon as I open my case I did that before I even played it looked so much better.

Yours is really nice man thats the the classic for sure.

I got the trans ebony another guy on here got the gold top.

Gibson should keep making an affordable Les Paul Line like this its a better idea with good tuners and Classic 57s instead of 500ts in the Classic.

They were just simply to hot.

Donny I saw your guitar on here a few days ago,She's a beauty.When I ordered the guitar I told the saleman at sweetwater I was going to order the Tradional but changed and ordered the Signature T.When I opened the case I saw they changed the truss rod cover.I did'nt ask them to they just did this as an added service/bonus.I can't get over the looks and "woody"tone of this guitar.I am completely satisfied,Rocky.

I just also changed the knobs toggle volume and tone on mine

942734_3053327508920_1246273708_n.jpg

I used the Gold with Gold insert 70s knobs and an amber toggle looks so vintage but we all know they never had a trans ebony back then lol

WOW!Thats nice.

Congrats!

Really has the Jimmy Page sound to it.

I would say, it CAN have the JP sound, because the SigT is able to have so many different sounds ... from clean Jazz to Heavy Metal nearly everything is possible.

It's a wonderful guitar ... looks really pretty, no matter which color model, plays like butter as we say in Germany and sounds absolutely great due to the wood and pickups.

Archived