Gibson Brands Forums

refretting

humpfrey

hi ,i'm from switzerland and have a problem. my steinberger guitar needs new frets, and nobody here in my country seems to be able to give me some advice where i can do that , or what kind of glue they used in the factory ,and if the graphite neck will be damaged ,when someone tries to get those frets out .

can anybody please help me [confused]

regards humpfrey

hi ,i'm from switzerland and have a problem. my steinberger guitar needs new frets, and nobody here in my country seems to be able to give me some advice where i can do that , or what kind of glue they used in the factory ,and if the graphite neck will be damaged ,when someone tries to get those frets out .

regards humpfrey

Hi Humpfrey,

you're not alone, but help is probably near :)

I'd recommend you contact me either in our German Steinberger/Headless forum, or via the websites in my signature below. I'm currently evaluating a luthier in Munich, who just works on three of my Steinies (two GS, and one GM). I'll know more soon…

Bernd

• 3 weeks later...

regards humpfrey

Although you didn't respond to my first posting, here is another one. For the German speaking part of this Subforum, here is the "Stainless Steel Refret Success Story" about some of my Steinies in Munich, Germany. Those who don't speak German: the linked thread also contains some pics [biggrin]

Bernd

Archived