Gibson Brands Forums

2009 gibson sg standard

hello all,

I bought a new gibson sg standard serial number 005591395

and the inlay on the 12th fret fell off and i lost it, this seems really strange it never happened to me on any guitar, nor did I ever saw it happening to other people, let alone in a gibson standard

my question is how can i get a new inlay cut and with gibson specc, i noticed the inlays came kinda yellowed from factory, witch is a feature i really enjoy, but it seems kinda hard to find one with the same coloring

i paid alot of money for the guitar, spilled sweat and tears in order to buy it, i really dont feel like paying for a full replacing of all the inlays,

another thing that happened was in the back of the neck, there are bubbles in the lacquer, that seems really hard to belive in a 1000 dollar + guitar

i really dont know what to do, this guitar gives me alot of problems

i also had to have the frets sanded down because there were depressions in the frets where the fret meets the string, and it was screwing the intonation.

i just want to know my options, thank you

compliments

PS: i sent an email to repairrequest@gibson.com but still got no reply

hello all,

I bought a new gibson sg standard serial number 005591395

and the inlay on the 12th fret fell off and i lost it, this seems really strange it never happened to me on any guitar, nor did I ever saw it happening to other people, let alone in a gibson standard

my question is how can i get a new inlay cut and with gibson specc, i noticed the inlays came kinda yellowed from factory, witch is a feature i really enjoy, but it seems kinda hard to find one with the same coloring

i paid alot of money for the guitar, spilled sweat and tears in order to buy it, i really dont feel like paying for a full replacing of all the inlays,

another thing that happened was in the back of the neck, there are bubbles in the lacquer, that seems really hard to belive in a 1000 dollar + guitar

i really dont know what to do, this guitar gives me alot of problems

i also had to have the frets sanded down because there were depressions in the frets where the fret meets the string, and it was screwing the intonation.

i just want to know my options, thank you

compliments

PS: i sent an email to repairrequest@gibson.com but still got no reply

Inlay fell out? Were you using any fretboard oils or cleaners?

Bubbles on the back of the neck? How do you store this guitar, on a stand?

Indents on frets are normal wear on many guitars, I have some with deep indents but never noticed it having an effect on intonation.

hi, thank you for the reply

i only used fret board oil very occasionally since i don't own any, probably Dunlop brand, i only store the guitar on a vertical stand on my bedroom hanging by the neck, but mostly in the case, with the proper humidity regulator thingy that came with the guitar since i don't like it accumulating dust behind the strings on the pickups, i am really careful with her, its very painful seeing her like this. she has been a loyal companion.

is there anyway i can get just a 12th fret inlay from Gibson with the right coloration if i send them a picture? i'm willing to pay for it.

the bubbles are really small humps on the back of the neck, but that's fine, it doesn't bother me

the inlay is the biggest problem

please if someone from Gibson can help me i'd really appreciate it, i want to see her well, it's like she's missing a tooth and every time she smiles i'm faced with a hole where an amberish pearly trapezoid should be.

halp gibson dentists!

I'd be contacting customer service by phone if I was you...

did you buy this new? if so do you still have your sales slip?

I don't think this would be considered a "finish" problem, so the Warranty ought to apply.

if you are not the original owner, you're sort of pimped, you'll be paying for the repair I think.

what is this btw: with the proper humidity regulator thingy

this isn't that little pack of silica gell is it? if it is,, toss it, that's only used for shipping.

the wood needs to have some moisture retained in the winter, and you want to avoid moisture in the summer.

Keep it in the case is the best way to control it.

yes i bought it new, i still have the sales slip yes,

yeah i'm talking about the silica gel, i always kept it on the case,

i'll be contacting customer support later today, and i'll post the follow up

thank you for the reply

cheers!

ok so an update on the situation,

i called customer services, got an automated voice telling me to press buttons, and its been 35 minutes of an annoying waiting tune, 2 months since i tried to contact gibson, and i haven't been able to reach a single person, except for the people on this forum who kindly replied and gain nothing from it.

I must say, i'm beginning to question if gibson really lives up to their name, although i love my guitar, I've had too many problems with it, oh yeah also i forgot to mention that after 1 year of getting the guitar brand new, i had to replace the knobs, since one of them simply broke and the letters faded on them all.

i have a 400 dollar ibanez that's been trough hell and came back with less marks than my gibson that cost me 1200 dollars and has been treated like a prince.

ok so an update on the situation,

i called customer services, got an automated voice telling me to press buttons, and its been 35 minutes of an annoying waiting tune, 2 months since i tried to contact gibson, and i haven't been able to reach a single person, except for the people on this forum who kindly replied and gain nothing from it.

I must say, i'm beginning to question if gibson really lives up to their name, although i love my guitar, I've had too many problems with it, oh yeah also i forgot to mention that after 1 year of getting the guitar brand new, i had to replace the knobs, since one of them simply broke and the letters faded on them all.

i have a 400 dollar ibanez that's been trough hell and came back with less marks than my gibson that cost me 1200 dollars and has been treated like a prince.

I actually had pretty good luck emailing customer service. They've responded every time i asked a question. You can find the link for that

Here

Archived