Gibson Brands Forums

43 J 45 Content

JuanCarlosVejar

I gotta say that replica sounds outstanding, what a top, top effort !

I actually prefered it tone to the banner J-45 which to me sounded rather thin and not reminiscent of how I hear many of the banner slopes, which to me have a very dry, thumpy bottom end with a lot of presence and authority. This one didnt really have that, but the replica did.

How much do these replacas go for ?

I gotta say that replica sounds outstanding, what a top, top effort !

I actually prefered it tone to the banner J-45 which to me sounded rather thin and not reminiscent of how I hear many of the banner slopes, which to me have a very dry, thumpy bottom end with a lot of presence and authority. This one didnt really have that, but the replica did.

How much do these replacas go for ?

A year ago I met with Andrea and his partner Alessio at their shop in Savona, Italy and talked with them about the project. These guys are very good and their approach to the 1943 replica was outstanding. They've really paid attention to detail, icluding the maple "V" neck insert instead of a metal truss rod.

I was so impressed that I invited the guys to join me in my presentation. I'll do my Kal Gals schtick, let Andrea and Alessio talk and show images of the genesis of their gutiars, and then end the presentation by inviting eveyone to try a couple of real Banners and a couple of replicas.

A year ago I met with Andrea and his partner Alessio at their shop in Savona, Italy and talked with them about the project. These guys are very good and their approach to the 1943 replica was outstanding. They've really paid attention to detail, icluding the maple "V" neck insert instead of a metal truss rod.

I was so impressed that I invited the guys to join me in my presentation. I'll do my Kal Gals schtick, let Andrea and Alessio talk and show images of the genesis of their gutiars, and then end the presentation by inviting eveyone to try a couple of real Banners and a couple of replicas.

YOu really got to come to Prague JT, Ill throw in my banner LG-2 free for the show ... [thumbup]

John ,

I'm waiting for the 44 Maple reissue ... I'm a maple freak ... can't wait to see what they will look like when come out .

and in general I can't wait to see all the info about the reissues .

I'm stoked for you and wish you the very best on every event you already have and those to follow .

thank you for making eveything possible I think you have done alot of folks a great service .

I will soon by the Kalamazoo Gals book !

JC

John ,

I'm waiting for the 44 Maple reissue ... I'm a maple freak ... can't wait to see what they will look like when come out .

and in general I can't wait to see all the info about the reissues .

I'm stoked for you and wish you the very best on every event you already have and those to follow .

thank you for making eveything possible I think you have done alot of folks a great service .

I will soon by the Kalamazoo Gals book !

JC

JC,

Thanks for the kind words! They mean a lot.

I'll be checking in on the Gibson reissue project when I visit Bozeman in mid June. I, too, and a maple freak. The original maple Banners, being laminate, have seemed quite variable to my ears. I've specified solid maple, which I think will make an extraordinary J-45.

Thanks, again.

JC,

I'll be checking in on the Gibson reissue project when I visit Bozeman in mid June. I, too, and a maple freak. The original maple Banners, being laminate, have seemed quite variable to my ears. I've specified solid maple, which I think will make an extraordinary J-45.

Thanks, again.

Ok. Now this is interesting. Glad to hear that not only did you not advise Juan Carlos not to "count any chickens...", but that you had indeed specified the Maples in solid.

Very encouraging news to hear.

JC,

Thanks, again.

John ,

will they be staining the backs to emulate the look of the banners ?

JC

Archived