Gibson Brands Forums

guitar tattoos?

guitar_randy

I got my first (and most likely only) tattoo in the middle of my back between the shoulders this year at the age of 47. It has meaning to me. My kids initials are in the lotus flower petals, my wifes initial is in the heart in the middle. It features a "blue note" in the headstock for my love of blues music. It has my Taylor's headstock and my Gibson's Slope shoulder dread body.

MyTattoo_Crop.jpg

I got my first (and most likely only) tattoo in the middle of my back between the shoulders this year at the age of 47. It has meaning to me. My kids initials are in the lotus flower petals' date=' my wifes initial is in the heart in the middle. It features a "blue note" in the headstock for my love of blues music. It has my Taylor's headstock and my Gibson's Slope shoulder dread body.

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/MyTattoo_Crop.jpg[/img]

Very nice, even nicer with the meaning you explained.

whats your opinion' date='do you wish it had strings drawn in or do you think it would have looked poor?[/quote']

I actually agree, I think it would have been a little bit too much. Too cluttered. At least up

the neck, maybe between the pickups or from the bridge to the tailpiece there could be strings, but I

still like it the way it is.

I've been working on one for a while, it was originally going to be a dragon playing a Strat, but I'm reworking it to be playing an LP, I was thinking of doing two so I can use both guitars. I have one tattoo already, a dragon with my last name underneath it, it took me almost two years to come up with a design I really liked, so it may take a while. I was thinking of getting the Pearl Jam Stickman somewhere too,

Archived