Gibson Brands Forums

Acquired vintage guitars

MOB

Hello, i recently acquired 2 vintage guitars trough an estate and was wondering if i can get an appx. value on what i have im not no expert in the musical instrument industry i would greatly appreciate any help thanks.

2zq4rcg.jpg

15xlbu8.jpg

sawdix.jpg

ajt1mf.jpg

wck5z9.jpg

6pbvy8.jpg

1xxwlu.jpg

Nice guitars there, MOB. The first looks like a ~'1969 Gibson ES-330. The second is a 1965 Fender Electric XII in Lake Placid Blue (custom color) with matching headstock.

Coo thanks for your bit of knowledge :) what would you value them at? Im trying to sell, are they guitars many people would be intrested in purchasing or do I just have a pile of scrap wood? [confused]

Coo thanks for your bit of knowledge :) what would you value them at? Im trying to sell, are they guitars many people would be intrested in purchasing or do I just have a pile of scrap wood? [confused]

Mob, they are valuable guitars. Their value= the highest offer. You can get them appraised for insurance purposes but they appraisal number wouldn't be close to what someone would actually pay you for them (most likely).

Very nice acquisitions. I agree with tvguit's observations. Just as a ballpark estimate, I would say that the Gibson might sell in the range of $2250 to $2500 on a good day (assuming it's in excellent condition). With regard to the Fender, that's a relatively rare bird, I think. The market value might be harder to pin down on something like that- especially since it's a custom color example, but my guess is that we're possibly talking about $4000 or more. I would not be in any hurry to sell it. Do as much research online as you can first.

Here's a discussion thread on another forum, from several years ago: http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5594

mob, this is a pile of scrap wood. will give you 20$ for each...

thanks

djeeee.... those are two nice guitars!!! previous estimation is about right.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived