Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Songwriter Deluxe

TheLiveSoundGuy

Well I just added one more to the collection. A Gibson Songwriter Deluxe. I picked her up at GC in Arlington.

She is resting comfortable on the bar with the case cracked open to allow her to stabilize to room temperature.

I figure I'll let her spend the night there.

In the morning I'll take her out, smile proudly, give her a good cleaning and try to erase the memory of all those strangers whose hands so ruthlessly groped at her like schoolboys in heat at the store.

Then I'll treat her to a new set of Gibson Masterbuilt light gage strings.

Immediately after that I'll take some pictures of her so the rest of you can get jealous.

And after that, I'll smile proudly some more.

"Then and only then, I will be the one to play her like cheap prom date."

I think I will name her Grace.

One thing is for certain...

"Only a Gibson IS good enough."

100_0362.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

100_0354.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0364.jpg

Well it's over! It broke my heart, but I had to have the marriage to my Songwriter officially annulled. It wasn't her fault.

She did nothing wrong. She'll make some lucky person very happy.

It's just that a pretty little honey haired Hummingbird caught my eyes and ears. When she started to sing, my heart just melted. I gotta admit, I almost cried when I left the Songbird at GC, yet at the same time, I couldn't wait to get home and fondle the new gal. I really wanted to keep them both, but since I can't afford two girls, and I don't live in Utah, one of them had to go.

While they both sounded equally sweet, there was just something about the way the Hummingbird felt in my arms. The maturity in her touch , a sense of wisdom beyond her years, the fullness of her curves, uh...

I gotta go. I'll be back later.

Yes it did. It really did sound incredible. But for reasons I'm not sure I can explain, the Hummingbird sounded every bit as sweet, but just "felt" better, and responded better, in my hands. Now the Hummingbird was a little more painful at the cash register, but the Songwriter is one fine, and I do mean fine instrument.

Archived