Gibson Brands Forums

Mats Sundin signs with the Canucks!...... any hockey fans????

wonderful remark

Mats wouldnt wave his no trade clause.....If he had, the Leafs would have received a great player in return.

Hes a typical selfish, overpaid, childish sports celebrity.

I despise professional sports. If it werent for womans beach volleyball I wouldnt watch it at all.

I briefly considered poking a bit of fun at hockey fans and or players like I did cricket in another thread. I don't think I'll do that. You Canadians are to close and could probably beat my *** especially if you use a stick.

American Football Rules!!! Go Colts.

I guess no canucks fans here!!

but I am so stoked that Sundin is a canuck!

i'm a leaf fan and proud to say we're in the last stretch of a 42-year re-build! lol! my god, do you need a sense of humour to be a leaf fan. really though, i'm happy for mats and the canucks. i loved his leadership and class. some say his best play is behind him but i'd welcome anyone of any age who can put up 50-60 pts in a season. nik antropov pales greatly in comparison as an A-line centre. as a footnote, i always root for the last canadian team standing when it comes play off time. i also always say my two favourite teams are the leafs and whoever is playing the red wings!

hey, tp. gaborik looked alright the other night (goal,assist) in a tight match w/calgary. bertuzzi's freight train maneuver in ot put the spoiler on his return, however. nice fight with boogaard, as well. what an animal! 6'7", 258lbs. the boogeyman for sure. saskatoon native.(i'm on vacation. lots of hockey to watch!)

Boogaard.jpg

hey' date=' tp. gaborik looked alright the other night (goal,assist) in a tight match w/calgary. bertuzzi's freight train maneuver in ot put the spoiler on his return, however. nice fight with boogaard, as well. what an animal! 6'7", 258lbs. the boogeyman for sure. saskatoon native.(i'm on vacation. lots of hockey to watch!)

[img']http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/Bombers_photos/Boogaard.jpg[/img]

Yeah, I was surprised to watch him get 2 points in his first game back after missing 21 or more games. Hope his groin stays healthy! :-#

The Boogaard fight was great, my wife said "Hey... he is getting hammered!" The other guy was trying to put a few punches at his jersey, they Boogieman just clocked him once in the head and knocked him straight to the ice... my wife said "Nevermind..." [-o<

My vacation starts after work and I am heading straight out to a hockey tourney weekend with my 13 year old Pee Wee A player.... Then next week I head up to Eveleth, (Home of the hockey hall of fame) for my High School Seniors last hockey tourney out of town. Hell.... in Eveleth I will be in spitting distance of Canada!

cool, tp. your spit might freeze before it hits the ground, though! we got 4" last night and freezing rain all morning so far. what a mess. i'm just not seeing this global warming!:) anyway, have a great vacay and good luck in the tourney.

ps - i'd like to see boogaard and chara square off. cage match with the giants.

i'm a leaf fan and proud to say we're in the last stretch of a 42-year re-build! lol! my god' date=' do you need a sense of humour to be a leaf fan. [/quote']

+100

I'm also a die-hard leafs fan... but unfortunately I think that their new GM will trade away the entire team before he's satisfied. On an interesting note, the Leafs are still the highest-grossing NHL team in the entire league, with annual income of over $420 million... the next highest are the Canadiens at around $350.

I don't know how they do it... (losing for 42 years and still rolling in the dough, that is...)

Leaf fans are the the biggest suckers going....Most loyal, but every year they get duped.

Fans have to stop going to games and stop watching them on tv. The Leaf organization have a good thing going.

Why would they change the formula? Every time they hear a rumble from the fans displaying their frustration they do the same thing....Hire back an old fan favourite to hush the masses.

Im Toronto born and raised. A relative of mine knew/knows people on the inside of Maple Leaf sports and entertainment.

Trust me when I say this....They play on your nostalgia, and are laughing all the way to the bank.

This is a guitar site...Ill say no more on the subject.

That's all my Wild need' date=' Sundin coming in and Luongo being healthy.... '](*,)

At least Gaborik started playing again this week. ;)

Went to the game against the Flames when Gaborik returned......I haven't heard anything but I think he was told to take it easy and to just be a "presence" on the ice. but at least he scored! been a rough few weeks for our Wild but we did have a good win against N.Y. tonight!

Anyone see that AWESOME hit Boogard made against the Flames?.........highlight material for sure! And then the "2 hit" fight he was in.......one hit to the player, and then the player hittin' the ice!!!!

Just got back from my son's tourny game in Eden Prairie......lots of hockey going on in the "State of Hockey"!!

Archived