• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

490R & 498T

#81 User is offline   David P. Makowski 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

I have been playing guitar since 1979. I own and have owned plenty of Gibson instruments over the years. In my opinion the Gibson 490R & 498T are the best set of pickups offered by Gibson. The 490R has Alnico II magnets and the 498T has Alnico V magnets. So, if you want less out put in the bridge position the 490T may work as it too has Alnico II magnets. The Gibson SG Faded series has the 490R & 490T pickups. The Gibson SG Standard has the 490R & 498T pickups. One more thing is Gibson also makes really good ceramic magnet pickups. Generally found in the Gibson Explorer and Gibson Flying V are the 496R & 500T Super Ceramics which I also love. Being made with ceramic magnets you can't use covers but that's just a trivial cosmetic feature. I have Burstbucker Pro #1 & Burstbucker Pro #2 in my 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard. I wasn't too sure if I liked them or not. I had been playing at living room volumes. As soon as I plugged into my Marshall Head the Burstbucker Pro's just devastated. They sound GREAT at higher volumes with gain.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users