Gibson Brands Forums

The sound of my new J35

MR GIBS

Thanks a lot for the sample Krasi, always keen to hear the new J-35 through different players and styles.

I thought the J-35 sounded very solid, and actually how I expected it to sound based on other samples. She has a real raw, rustic tone, the midrange really dominating like a good Gibson should. I couldnt help but think that she sort of sounded like a mahogany version of my AJ, barky and quite rustic.

I thought like the J-45 vs J-35 sample your J-35 didnt have the sweetness or mellowness of the J-45 but I also believe this will come with time once the guitar opens up. I have a sneaky feeling she will sound great with well worn in PB strings, to take some of the edge and get a bit more warmth into her.

Any reason why you didnt play at all uncapoed, would love to hear some basic cowboy chords in first position ?

Nice inkwork there also, is that a recent addition and work in progress ?

Enjoy !

Only for the record: I have no air condition in my home because of the health problems of my woman and while I was making the record the temperature in the room was about 35 C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3207TaoSwt8

So .....that's why I could never get " Here comes the sun " to sound right. I was only using ONE capo ! Just kidding : ). Great sounding guitar and especially fine playing !

Just beautiful, Krassi. It's a privilege to hear such fine playing. I love Mr Gibs and what you get out of him, but I have to say that your new addition reminds me fully of why I like mahogany slopeshoulders best. I think she sounds very sweet - my ears are different from EA's. I'm sure there is some rustic growl in there, but I get plenty of warmth as well. Like EA, though, I'd have loved to have heard her without a capo, just to know what those big, open chords sound like. Anyway, I think you've found your Mlle. Gibson. Bien fait. Peut-on attendre un peu de Moustaki de nouveau?

Interesting tone variations as capos were removed - that guitar sounds like it wants to be played aggressively. What settings did you have for the audio on you Zoom? This sounded spot-on.

The ZOOM Q3 veas set as usual on the highest sound resolution. Stereo. 24 bit I think.

Later on I'll try to post another clip without capos.

Sounds great, nice playing too.

I thought the J-35 sounded very solid, and actually how I expected it to sound based on other samples. She has a real raw, rustic tone, the midrange really dominating like a good Gibson should. I couldnt help but think that she sort of sounded like a mahogany version of my AJ, barky and quite rustic.

That's good to read, I was going to order a J-35 then came across a b-stock AJ for about the same price which I've ordered and that's exactly the sort of tone I'm after as a compliment to my J-200.

Krassi,

You will be helping Gibson sell more guitars with your demo..... [biggrin]

Matter of fact that's what I want to do. It is not easy to sell a Gibson Acoustic here in my country. The living standart is low and people consider a Gibson Acoustis a veeeeery expencive thing...

The local gibson dealer for Bulgaria is a very honest person and a good dealer, the boys in the shops are really enthousiastic and if my humble clips would help them sell only one Gibson Acoustic I will be proud of it!

Archived