Gibson Brands Forums

Help Dating Amp Explorer GA18t

TVRFAN2003

Recently picked up what I am told is a 1960 Gibson amp, serial number on it is 113974?? Original Jenson speaker number is 220035 which would indicate aug 1960 so likely ties in......is there any other way to validate the serial number on amp?? Love the sound of the amp, the trem is awesome

Any help greatly appreciated

Recently picked up what I am told is a 1960 Gibson amp, serial number on it is 113974?? Original Jenson speaker number is 220035 which would indicate aug 1960 so likely ties in......is there any other way to validate the serial number on amp?? Love the sound of the amp, the trem is awesome

Any help greatly appreciated

Post a picture of the front view of the amp and a picture of the controls. We do not have amplifier serial number archived, but pictures should be a great help to dating the amp.

Mark, no worries, appreciate you taking the time to post the info and pics......mine looks exactly like yours, and serial number sequences about right.......love the amp so far.....Thanks again to you and also to Bob for his help and info a well..........

Archived