Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

jdgm

Very nice. Is it an L4CES with a Bigsby? [thumbup]

No it's a brand new 2013 ES 175, made in Memphis.

Here is where I got it - http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_es_175_reissue_eb_bigsby.htm

There are quite a lot of ES guitars available at the moment with this high-gloss black (ebony) finish. Thomann have some including Midtown Customs and black 335s, and ES195s with same p/ups and Bigsby, thinner than this with the 6-a-side-headstock, and more.

regards!

The link didn't seem to want to work for some reason.

I've tried putting it in again but they must have different pages for different countries/currencies....

Regards!

• 3 weeks later...

Black is beautiful!

I should know.

!! I wondered whether you'd come in on it....to be honest, looking at your pic for about 18 months (I downloaded it, very good shot apart from also being a beautiful guitar) was one BIG reason for me getting it. I thought "I MUST have one of those before it's too late". OK it's a little different with the P94s, Bigsby...I like that!

Regards!

I'm glad to have helped in your quest for the right guitar. I'm flattered too. She's my pride and joy.

A Bigsby would have been nice on mine, but alas it came sans bigsby.

Pick long and prosper.

I love mine. Even if does howl at loud volume. It's part of taming the beast within. When you learn to work the howling feedback into your music, you're on to something.

It's a very versatile guitar. Especially for playing unplugged in the quietness of your home.

Archived