Gibson Brands Forums

HBird TV

JuanCarlosVejar

Very nice sound. So what tonal differences might we find if the Hummingbird TV, were compared to the standard Hummingbird?... Anyone have an opinion? There is about $1000 difference in cost between the two I think. So where would the difference lie?

Very nice sound. So what tonal differences might we find if the Hummingbird TV, were compared to the standard Hummingbird?... Anyone have an opinion? There is about $1000 difference in cost between the two I think. So where would the difference lie?

Make up your own mind ..... to me the TV wins hands down tone wise.

i listened to all the others hummingbird at wildwood, and THIS particular one sounds the best on the video... the classic strumming hummingbird sounds, soft and full... that's the sound i'm looking for in a hummingbird... big GAS attack....

i listened to all the others hummingbird at wildwood, and THIS particular one sounds the best on the video... the classic strumming hummingbird sounds, soft and full... that's the sound i'm looking for in a hummingbird... big GAS attack....

The most alluring ex. from that camp so far – agree.

love the sound of these Birds

[thumbup]

Really like the sunburst on the last one ...considering seriuosly getting a TV and might go for a natural wood color. Guess that would be a custom TV ...any idea how this natural wood would cost me ?

Tks!

[biggrin]

[thumbup]

I do like the sound of the HBs and would love to own one but why not keep true to the original and go with the non-scalloped top bracing.

I have to chime in here - Guess you ask for a more loyalty towards the original and it makes sense.

But then the main issue would be the adjustable saddle and the choice between ceramic and wooden insert. A concept/theme which was launched from Bozeman not so long back anyway.

I dare to claim this as the slightly scalloped braces of the TV's represents the lesser mass of the ruler-thin straight braces of the originals with a result that comes pretty close sonically.

Other members than me would agree here, I believe - but of course the question remains :

How come they chose scalloped instead of thin ?

Imagine the first sounded better to them while experimenting. And are stronger (more solid) 'top-holders'.

Really like the sunburst on the last one ...considering seriuosly getting a TV and might go for a natural wood color. Guess that would be a custom TV ...any idea how this natural wood would cost me ?

That's a 2007 sunburst. In the mid 2000s the bursts on the Hummingbirds were a very faded orange color. The burst was barely visible for all mahogany Birds.... You'll only find it on 07 TV models. Fortunately, if this is what you want, they are generally less expensive than a newer TVs since they are not "hide glue" guitars (if that makes a difference). Good luck finding one of these though!

Archived