Gibson Brands Forums

Markbass

MrNylon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[thumbup]

very nice, G! I love smaller rigs. mine's not as nice as yours but it sounds pretty good to me.

GK 400RB head, Avatar 2x10

ministack2.jpg

Thanks Mr. R. I kicked around the Markbass rig for a good while, before I pulled the trigger on it. This setup really does well with the SG Std. I liked this combination of head, and cab out of the few different heads I ran through the 210P. A good clear sound, no muddy sound. Some of the combos sounded really good too. With the 8 ohm Traveler 210P cab, I'm at 300 Watts.

That's a good looking rig you have there as well. I used a GK head with an Ampeg SVT cab, that I thought sounded better than the Ampeg head. I've heard players rave about the Avatar cabs. I totally agree with you about smaller rigs too. Easier to move around, and work with. Great sounds too. How long have you been using that setup?

I downsized about 2 or 3 years ago, maybe a little longer. at first I bought the 2x10 so I could leave it at the jam place but then I got tired of moving a 50lb rack [unsure] and picked up the GK. I dig the GK sound so it was an easy decision when I saw it at one of the local shops. the Avatar is loaded with Eminence drivers; I'm happy with it.

Eminence drivers really kick. One of the things I like about the 102P cab, is the full range dial settings for the tweeter. In a way I guess it doesn't matter, I have it turned off. [rolleyes]

I received an e-mail answer from Markbass regarding the use of the Little Mark Tube 800 head with the Traveler 102P cab. They advised me to not use the Tube 800 because of it's higher wattage over the 102P. I took their advice, and went to the Little Mark lll head. A bit lower wattage, but I like the sounds from the newly acquired Little Mark lll better. $200. Cheaper too.

I received an e-mail answer from Markbass regarding the use of the Little Mark Tube 800 head with the Traveler 102P cab. They advised me to not use the Tube 800 because of it's higher wattage over the 102P. I took their advice, and went to the Little Mark lll head. A bit lower wattage, but I like the sounds from the newly acquired Little Mark lll better. $200. Cheaper too.

p5v3xPa.jpg?1

Very nice looking rig there gsg. [thumbup] Mark Bass has an interesting line of equiptment!

Thank you, it does the SG Std. very well. Markbass really does have some decent gear. Everyone I'm talking to locally, is trying to talk me into getting the Traveler 151P cab to go with the Traveler 102P cab I have now. I really don't need to hear that. More

Thank you, it does the SG Std. very well. Markbass really does have some decent gear. Everyone I'm talking to locally, is trying to talk me into getting the Traveler 151P cab to go with the Traveler 102P cab I have now. I really don't need to hear that. More

I'm stating to get up the funds, or many the many American dollars to acquire the Markbass Traveler 151P cab to go with the Traveler 102P cab I have now.

It's going to look similar to this. The 2X10 cab in the pic is a HF, The port is located on the bottom front. Head, and bottom would be the same.

The 12's won out. The CMD121P Combo with the NY121 cab. The Combo Head ll mounted in the CMD121P is the same head as the Little Mark lll head. 300 Watts @ 8 ohms, 500 watts @ 4 ohms. It's convenient if I want to just use the Combo 1X12.

Now that is slick gsg! I like the idea of the combo+cab setup. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks. The more I looked into the Markbass gear, this scenario looked better to me. I just really like 12" speakers too.

Congratulations gsg, now that you've had the rig for a few days - i'm wondering what you think of it's sound/performance [thumbup]

Hey trap. It's great. It's one of the best gear acquisitions I've done in some time. The B&C 12" speakers have the older JBL 12's sound. It's great to be able to split up the combo from the cab. 29 Pound combo, 28 pound cab, both fit in the back seat of the car. The combo speaker disconnects, so if you wanted to you could use the head in the combo as a head powering a single 4 ohm cab, a single 8 ohm cab, or two 8 ohm cabs.

The only thing I found out from Markbass, the Combo Head ll isn't detachable from the combo. The C H ll head doesn't have a top to it. So if you were to remove it, the inside of the head is exposed.

Other than that, I really like it. [thumbup] The Rickenbacker 4003 has a great clear, full range playing through it. Highs, Mids, and Lows very pronounced. And enough POWER, to push the sound. 300 Watts @ 8 ohms, 500 watts @ 4 ohms. It's a keeper.

• 2 months later...

The 12's won out. The CMD121P Combo with the NY121 cab. The Combo Head ll mounted in the CMD121P is the same head as the Little Mark lll head. 300 Watts @ 8 ohms, 500 watts @ 4 ohms. It's convenient if I want to just use the Combo 1X12.

CMD121P.jpg

I have that same Markbass setup. Cool indeed, and easy on my back. I even have a matching Rock-n-Roller cart with black frame and yellow and black wheels to transport the mini rig.

Hey hsech;

It really is a great setup for the 60's 2X12" bass sound. I call mine, "Road Rex's Easy On The Back " It's a very handy split combo if you don't need, or want the cab, and still have 300 watts. 9yC5XJ4.gif

Hey hsech;

It really is a great setup for the 60's 2X12" bass sound. I call mine, "Road Rex's Easy On The Back xcjkEMY.gif" It's a very handy split combo if you don't need, or want the cab, and still have 300 watts. 9yC5XJ4.gif

I played with my CMD-121P and ext speaker for a fund raiser last weekend and just used the CMD-121P by itself for practice last night. I've been using it with a Gibson SG Reissue Bass and it shakes the floorboards from all the low end. I was shocked by the amount of low end it had the first time I used it.

In the vein of being an old guy who can't schlep heavy gear anymore, I have a Markbass mini rig, and I also have a GK MB Fusion 500 head and a GK MBEII-212 Cab. The GK set up moves some air. I also have GK MBEII-115 and GK MBEII-210 cabs. All the GK stuff is good because of the light weight.

Archived