Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone by Gibson serial number

07hubbardj

Hey there fellow Gibson/Epiphone fans, I recently got given a an Epiphone PR 360S from a guy down the pub. I was looking for parts to use on a project guitar and he said he had some. He wandered off to get the parts and came back with an entire epiphone acoustic! It barely needs any work done on it. She needs a new set of tuners as one was damaged, and also there is a portion of neck binding that was missing. Its only about an inch so either I'll cut a replacement piece or remove all of the black neck binding and replace it with cream binding to match the body.

Sorry for rambling, I'll get to my point. The serial number is written on a label visible through the sound hole and reads 8610045. The label also says that it is a PR 350S and was made in Korea. I'm really happy that I've got a PR350S since I wanted a square shouldered dreadnought like a dove or hummingbird, so that's good and the "S" means that its a solid spruce top rather than a rubbishy laminated top like most acoustics. The headstock has "Epiphone by Gibson" written in inlay on the headstock which I had never heard of before.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Archived