Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson custom shop "J-45 Maple"

I have happened upon a J-45 Maple custom shop guitar, it has a script logo, banner peghead, white button kluson tuners, flamed maple back and sides, tiger stripe pickguard, mahogony neck, rosewood fretboard, nice top , bridge with 2 pearl dots on each end, no neck strap button, custom shop logo on the back of the head. It is finished in sunburst and has a 8 digit serial number on a orange sticker in the soundhole with the number repeated on the bottom of the neck inside the body. I am working on scaling down my pictures to post. If any one has heard of this being any type of limited run please let me know anything you can. Pictures to follow soon. Serial Number on orange sound label stating "J-45 Maple" GIbson custom shop etc and on the bottom of the neck inside the body but not the back of the head.

2010 model by the serial... 8 digit

Thanks, I got the pic of the back. I am unable to tell you anything other than I think it is a 2010 custom shop model. Hopefully someone in the know can" weigh in" on it. Try the 'acoustic section' of the Forum also. There are some dealers and others that may be familiar with 'the run'......it is a pretty guitar....best of luck!

Rod

Archived