Gibson Brands Forums

PetPeeves

This is odd. I can see mine (and the fact that I'm even able to see the replies is a miracle) but I can't see yours, Karen. I posted my first test on EddieDean's "Post Your Tests Here" thread and was able to see it for a moment, then the entire reply went bye-bye.

Gibson - We love our new home ...but our appliances are on the blink! I hope it gets fixed soon so we can be a functional family again. =P~

Here I go - I'm expecting the red X, since that's all I see in the profile, even though I resized to less than 180X180.

When I post pics, both in this forum & the old one, I also get a red x, but then if I click thru to another page, and then back to the thread, my pic appears in place of the red x. (???!!! :-(

I also make edits to a post, then they disappear (?)

Now I've reduced the pixel size to well under 180 X 180, and ramped down the file size - I'm way under the size parameters of the stock avatars, but bupkus!

And Petpeeves - I could see your avatar half an hour ago, now I can't - it has mutated into a red X.

This is odd. I can see mine (and the fact that I'm even able to see the replies is a miracle) but I can't see yours' date=' Karen. I posted my first test on EddieDean's "Post Your Tests Here" thread and was able to see it for a moment, then the entire reply went bye-bye.

Gibson - We love our new home ...but our appliances are on the blink! I hope it gets fixed soon so we can be a functional family again. :-k [/quote']

Laura, sometimes I can see yours and sometimes I can't? Weird! Your other post in Eddie's thread is still there, tho'. Try hitting the Refresh button if you don't see it at first. I'm guessing the forum's bugs will be worked out shortly. I'm going to keep trying to upload my avatar. How did JoJo enjoy his first Christmas?

Does anyone know if there's a browser setting that needs to be changed in order for the avatars to be displayed? All I can see is the red "X". I am able to display avatars on other forum sites and this is the only site where they don't display. Any suggestions? I've already tried the refresh, without any luck. Thanks.

Mike, I really thinks it's just a bug that needs to be worked out, because on my computer, anyway, sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. Sometimes mine and Karen's show up and nobody else's do. Sometimes only one person's show up.

Laura, every now and then I see yours, but I haven't noticed any consistency from thread to thread, although there may be some.

Allright... What is up... My avatar worked yesterday...

Now it doesn't. I tried reloading it, but it isn't working.

Do we need to send the webmaster for this forum a 5th of good scotch or something?

Cheers,

Chris

Archived