Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Led Zeppelin song?

Zeppeholic

Hello,

What's your favorite Led Zeppelin song? (If you have one)

I have their first album signed by all four members...

I can't decide which one is my favorite but That's The Way is my most favorite song ever.

Yours?

My favorites (yes, I have two!) are Thank You and Tangerine. I love Thank You because it reminds me of my husband's and my relationship. We have had our ups and downs, but I am grateful for all of it because it helped our relationship become as strong as it is. Tangerine I love for the harmonies! :)

Dazed and Confused because

how friggin simple is that guitar part and yet the MOJO that Page drops on the track is like...I can't make those eight notes sound anywhere near as cool. I mean he isn't shredding, he's not doing any crazy stunts...why, how is it SO cool!? [cursing]

There are so many great Led Zeppelin songs, and of course I like Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love, The Ocean and many others, too, but here are five I associate with personal memories and therefore are very special to me:

Kashmir

The Rain Song

Rock'n'Roll

Over The Hills And Far Away

Royal Orleans

Favorites? Why do I have to choose?

No Quarter

Battle of Evermore

Kashmir

When the Levee Breaks

Dazed and Confused

What Is And What Should Never Be

Ask tomorrow and the list will be different. A little bit.

LZ is one of two groups I actually own a Box Set of. The other is Pink Floyd.

There aren't to many Zeppelin songs I don't like. My all time favorite, the first song, on their first album, Good Times Bad Times. 9yC5XJ4.gif For me, THAT'S ZEPPELIN!

AMEN!!!!

I personally think it is the greatest album opener on the greatest debut album ever! (and quite possibly my favorite album!).

I love Zeppelin, but I don't love them like I love KISS, Van Halen, Badlands, Rush, etc. But yet Zeppelin I is my favorite album ever and Good Times Bad Times is my favorite song.

Never get tired of it.

Archived