Gibson Brands Forums

Hercules Stand

NHTom

Just picked one of these up today.........

hercstand_zpsa4d1e7cf.jpg

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. I went with this hanging style because I own an explorer as well as several traditional style guitars and wanted something that would work for all of them.

I was able to adjust it to a "common" height so that my explorer will hang without touching the floor but also so it wasn't scary high for my other instruments. Even if that hadn't worked, the quick adjust for height is so simple, it would have been easy to tweak as needed.

The Auto Grab System on the yoke works off the weight of the guitar and seems to work ok. Not quite as tight and precision as I'd hoped, but it does what it's supposed to.

Has special padding that is finish safe, but even Hercules recommends storing the guitar in a case, not on the stand which I agree with.

Was tagged at $45 and was on sale for 10% off.....all in all a great stand for the money!

NHTom

I got 6 of these stands-wouldn't be without them, they weren't cheap, but then cost doesn't come into it, -you don't want your expensive Gibson acoustic, or Guild, falling over and breaking its neck/headstock for want of a decent stand-do you?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Best stand I ever used. I use the Hercules double stand & both guitars are held tight & safe.

They are expensive, but so is your guitar which you are trying to protect when on a stand & out of your hands.

I think in this case, you get what you pay for!

Great choice! msp_thumbup.gif

How are the plastic headstock mechanisms? I've read some bad reviews.

I have a multi stand by Hercules but for a single I use this an Ulimtat Support Gs200

no problems with mine, other than silly people who can't get the fact that if you take the weight off the headstock rest, the little security arms will release..... oyvhey...

Archived