Gibson Brands Forums

For Those Who Wanted to hear a Fender Acoustic

JuanCarlosVejar

Sounds not muddy, but kind of not bright - like it had silk'n'steel strings.

I actually like it - the looks too.

Have to check the next. The honey burst Newporter. Has a similar flavor to it.

Has the team succeeded in finding an F-sound. . .

I must say, that guy is a pretty good guitarist, no? What surprises me is that it seems within Fender Corp., that GUILD and Guild custom shop, would be in direst competition with the Fender custom shop???? Does that seem strange to anyone else out there in Forum-land???? Also, check out the prices of the Guild and Fender customs......they are pretty high to compete with Gibson and Martin, if that is their real competition. It's interesting to see Ren's hand in the mix, though. Looks like he is having some fun, not constrained by tradition and limited body styles of one company. I'll keep my eyes open for some of these guitars when they become super-discounted because no-one is buying them!!!....lol

Nice guitar player....nice sounding guitar.......but did the Fender Strat guy place the strap button???

[cursing]

I was just wondering the same thing. Is it braced under there to handle the weight? Prob be ok, I bought my AJ-500R Epi used and the guy had just simply drilled a Phillips screw into about the same place. No problems so far.

I like the looks but to me this is a prime example of why I generally dont like rosewood. Sounds good with new strings but give it a week and it will sound muddy, little to midrange and generally uninspiring.

Ya I'm finding that to be true on my rosewood guitars as well.

Guitar looks ok but the sound really sucked badly to be honest! msp_thumbdn.gif

The guitar is advertised by Fender to come with Fender® Dura-Tone® 80/20 Phosphor Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge) strings. Seems hard to tell what the guitar's sound is alike if not knowing this particular string set, or what else string brand and gauge was used, what the settings of the sound controls were, and after all I still don't know why they tuned it 1/2 note flat. I think that the transduced tone is OK, and there is next to no audible low frequency noise from the player's hands. It is another thing if the provided features justify the price, but I think they will sell the 15 items made without problems.

Nice guitar, sounds almost good to me. Ugly msp_thumbdn.gif headstock...

Could try to play, but will not keep this thing, even if someone gives it to me as a present.

For these prices I prefere Gibsons. Martins too.

Archived