Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see many (any) ES basses here, so thought I'd share here too;

First time gig'ing the LP ES bass. I must say I love the tone, playability, light weight, and looks.

1466618577.jpg

First time for me to see one , looks sharp too Merle

4H

• 3 weeks later...

I had been looking for a ES339 for a long time and just picked up a beauty I found in a pawn shop. 2009 model that looks like it has never been played! Immaculate, all original, case candy and even the paper still on the pick guard.

Just boring old Vintage Sunburst... but that is my fav colour in an ES model.

IMG_20160715_131831_zpswyaistpb.jpg

I had been looking for a ES339 for a long time and just picked up a beauty I found in a pawn shop. 2009 model that looks like it has never been played! Immaculate, all original, case candy and even the paper still on the pick guard.

Nice find and my favorite color too

4H

Great find. That is really pretty. I'm actually a fan of out-of-the-ordinary finished and colors, especially with Les Pauls. But of all my ES guitars, the one I wanted the most and finally bought last year was the classic sunburst. It's almost like a standard. Love the knobs on yours too.

Great find. That is really pretty. I'm actually a fan of out-of-the-ordinary finished and colors, especially with Les Pauls. But of all my ES guitars, the one I wanted the most and finally bought last year was the classic sunburst. It's almost like a standard. Love the knobs on yours too.

Thx.

I actually prefer the older style Vintage Sunburst to the more recent years. I think the new version has too much black for my taste. Althought I do like the block inlays of the newer ones.

The knobs even have pointers on them. Very cool IMO.

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but I just love viewing all the beautiful ES guitars. I had posted a shot of my CS336 quite a while back, but sold that guitar and bought a CS356:

RKnKRPk.jpg

Realized I never posted my L5 either:

GMfLe29.jpg?1

So hopefully by responding this will bring thread back up to the top and others will review all the great ES guitars shown.

Yes, Gibson ES is real artwork to watch play and listen to that's for shure [thumbup]

BUT does anyone know if they drilled the holes on free hand because the buttons seem to have ended up in a few different places over the years? Not particularly evenly spaced and the switch is higher up and more to the left on some and lower on some

ES125TD58.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my 339 Studio. It was supposed to be a 2017 or a2016 but they shipped a 2014. But once I played it there was no sending it back. It looked and sounded immaculate. The only real difference was having single volume and tone controls instead of double. Not being a heavy control rider anyway and the price was still in line I kept it, it plays that well. The whole bird in the hand thing.

https://m.imgur.com/a/3pvKu6L

https://m.imgur.com/a/aWopj6K

Archived