• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

'Group Hug'

#61 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • Group: Members
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

I wanna know where you can get crab cakes that big????

"Darl can you get my passport, I'm goin' out for a while"

Yes Pat there are some exceedingly generous people dwell within this place, Mr Eggs is one, and you Sir are another.

Boomerang Karma~

#62 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Speaking of that, if you come here and buy a boomerang these days it will almost certainly be made in China.

Bloody disgusting IMHO!

#63 User is offline   eggs 

• More Power To Y'all
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Glad it made it, & that it made it through relatively unscathed Pat [cool]

BTW, I have an identical tin, which I keep all my geet 'bits & bobs' in [woot]

& I hope you had fun with the yellow duct tape... That stuff is OCD heaven [flapper]

Now, some critical instructions:

1. Minties - An Oz classic since 1922, these chewy little b@stards (which make an excellent packing material [lol]) will take your teeth right out if you're not careful... which is probably why their catch phrase, "It's Moments Like These You Need Minties", was first coined - to encapsulate those challenging moments in life that we all encounter along the journey... Use as required & with due care [-o<

2. Vegemite - Also originating in 1922, the 'Caviar of Oz' is a concentrated yeast extract produced from, primarily, barley beer slops... Whilst rich in B group vitamins, it also contains enough salt to collapse a feral pig's kidneys... Do not make the rookie mistake of overuse... A light spread of Vegemite across a piece of warm buttered toast will see you strutting the world arena like a warrior... which is good, because if Gaolee (Will) continues to deride our national food he has been warned that I am amassing troops to his North [glare]

3. De Bortoli 'Nobel One' Botrytis Semillon - We now jump forward 60 years to 1982, when a convergence of weather events impacted on selected plots of New South Wales (&, by default, Australia's [wink]) premier white grape variety, Semillon, to produce the rare botrytis rot effect... Across subsequent years, but only when the weather gods have been kind, the De Bortoli Family have produced 'Nobel One'... The 2009 year began with hot conditions until the middle of February when overnight rains were followed by more showers during March. This initiated the onset of botrytis, which was enhanced by showers and early morning dews during April, providing good conditions for the infection to progress, with harvesting occurring over five days in the third week of May... Now I'm not saying that 'Nobel One' is always the best example of a botrytis wine available in Oz but it is, without argument, the benchmark by which all others are judged... The 2009 scored a massive 94/100 rating from one of Oz's leading wine judges... But take note, unlike non-botrytis semillon, which would go brilliantly with your Crab Cakes & a Garden Salad, 'Nobel One' demands a good cheese platter & some fresh fruits [drool]

Pat, the fact of the matter is that whilst there are, as my OP suggests, a bunch of great people at this forum, it was your ongoing demonstrated goodness & generosity in ways that we best not speak of [-X , & in some that I surely shall shortly, that prompted me to start this thread...

I hope you enjoy my little 'Oz Care' parcel, 'cause you really do deserve it Bros [thumbup]
Stuart

1998 Epiphone (Unsung) Ripper Bass - 'Crazy Chester'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) 'fenderish' Nighthawk - 'The Vulture'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) Sheraton- 'Honey'
2000 Epiphone (Samick Indonesia) AJ-100- 'Big Red'
2000(?) Lobo Mini G- 'The Mystery Midget'
1998 Epiphone Electar Tube 30 Combo
1999 Epiphone Regent Bass 50 Combo
Vox AC4TV Head & V112TV Cabinet
Yamaha P70 Electric Piano
Tascam DP-03 Portastudio

Recently Separated:
1995 Epiphone (Samick) Non Reverse Thunderbird Bass - 'The Weirdbird'
1997 Epiphone (Samick) Les Paul Junior - 'Junior' - Signed by The Man Himself
2007 Epiphone (QingDao) G400 Flame Top-'QingDao Lass' - Too young, but oh so pretty!
1981 Ibanez AR100BS Artist- 'Baby'
1981 Ibanez Ragtime Special w/ Barcus Berry Underbridge PUP
1994 Fender (MIJ) Telecaster - 'The Black Sheep'
Marshall G80RCD 80 watt Combo - I just needed some valves!

Lust List:
A mid 1990s 'Blondie' Rivoli Bass with a Big Fat Mudbucker

#64 User is online   tweed2 

• "Official Forum Member"
  • LocationThe Hills of the Other Washington

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Posteggs, on 10 September 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

because if Gaolee (Will) continues to deride our national food he has been warned that I am amassing troops to his North [glare]

I think he's talking Lynnwood, Will, watch out.

Cheese and fruit it shall be. I am humbled by your comments, my friend, thank you.
He can be one serious cat, at times.....
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

I have disquiet about giving our national treasure to foreign nationals! (Pat excluded).

I think it poses a grave security risk and creates the potential for millions of "Vegemite" refugees arriving from all over the world, coming here to sate their lust for our "Black Ambrosia".

We may have to create "Fortress OZ" with a fence the whole way around to keep the ravening hordes at bay...a bit like the Dingo fence really.

Either way I'm starting to stock up lest they make it through our defences~

P.S. I can see a new entry in the stock exchange reports we get after the news every night "Vegi Futures".

#66 User is offline   Aster1 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostDigger, on 09 September 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Speaking of that, if you come here and buy a boomerang these days it will almost certainly be made in China.

Bloody disgusting IMHO!

Prolly sub contracted out to the Epiphone guitar factory to make for the Aussie Boomerang Company Ltd. I reckon!! What I REALLY HATE to see is our Old Glory (USA flag) that has a dang label Made in China, or anywhere else BUT the USA. That's not too much to ask IMHO for your country flag to be made in the country, by your countrymen (and or women).

Aster
"Life is too dang short to eat ratty tast'n peaches!"

#67 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostAster1, on 10 September 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Prolly sub contracted out to the Epiphone guitar factory to make for the Aussie Boomerang Company Ltd. I reckon!! What I REALLY HATE to see is our Old Glory (USA flag) that has a dang label Made in China, or anywhere else BUT the USA. That's not too much to ask IMHO for your country flag to be made in the country, by your countrymen (and or women).

Aster

Same thing with our flag Aster.

The problem is that all our manufacturing has been closed down or gone offshore now so we can't manufacture a lot of things here anyway. Banana republic, here we come!

#68 User is offline   eggs 

• More Power To Y'all
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Posteggs, on 29 August 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Talking 'bout stuff like this =D>

http://forum.gibson....ost__p__1418227

... & then there's stuff like this =D>

http://forum.gibson....ost__p__1423823

& 'Oz Post' kicks @ss... 'cause not only did they beat a two hour headstarted USPS in this 'reverse race' by a clear 24 hours, they also dropped me a little card to come pick up a couple of other parcels today... but that's a whole other thread [woot]
Stuart

1998 Epiphone (Unsung) Ripper Bass - 'Crazy Chester'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) 'fenderish' Nighthawk - 'The Vulture'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) Sheraton- 'Honey'
2000 Epiphone (Samick Indonesia) AJ-100- 'Big Red'
2000(?) Lobo Mini G- 'The Mystery Midget'
1998 Epiphone Electar Tube 30 Combo
1999 Epiphone Regent Bass 50 Combo
Vox AC4TV Head & V112TV Cabinet
Yamaha P70 Electric Piano
Tascam DP-03 Portastudio

Recently Separated:
1995 Epiphone (Samick) Non Reverse Thunderbird Bass - 'The Weirdbird'
1997 Epiphone (Samick) Les Paul Junior - 'Junior' - Signed by The Man Himself
2007 Epiphone (QingDao) G400 Flame Top-'QingDao Lass' - Too young, but oh so pretty!
1981 Ibanez AR100BS Artist- 'Baby'
1981 Ibanez Ragtime Special w/ Barcus Berry Underbridge PUP
1994 Fender (MIJ) Telecaster - 'The Black Sheep'
Marshall G80RCD 80 watt Combo - I just needed some valves!

Lust List:
A mid 1990s 'Blondie' Rivoli Bass with a Big Fat Mudbucker

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users