Gibson Brands Forums

Signatures with too large a picture

kaicho8888

I don't know about everybody else; but signatures with large pictures are rather irritating. It's annoying seeing it over and over! It covers almost half of my 27" monitors....please save a little bandwith and limit the size!

........arggghhh!

I don't know about everybody else; but signatures with large pictures are rather irritating. It's annoying seeing it over and over! It covers almost half of my 27" monitors....please save a little bandwith and limit the size!

........arggghhh!

That.. and, the people that feel the need to list every piece of gear they own! I really don't care what they own, have, or have access to-

Is it, "The guy who dies with the most toys, WINS!" mentality, or, is it just bragging? or, is it some childhood trama that causes it?[cursing]

That.. and, the people that feel the need to list every piece of gear they own! I really don't care what they own, have, or have access to-

Is it, "The guy who dies with the most toys, WINS!" mentality, or, is it just bragging? or, is it some childhood trama that causes it?[cursing]

This is a question which has been asked here before (but not AFAIK for a while).

Whilst I've never felt any desire to list my guitars myself it has been pointed out that it can, on the odd occasion, be helpful to know whether someone replying to a post has personal experience of what they say.

What I mean is this; imagine a thread has been started asking about details differentiating the Gibson USA Les Pauls and the Custom Shop versions.

One respondent lists his gear as being 'Epi Les Paul 100; Fender Mustang 1 amp.' Another has a sig which lists 'Gibson Les Paul Studio; Gibson LP Trad 2013; Gibson 'Pearly Gates' R-I. Mesa-B Dual Rectifier.'

Now, I know full well it doesn't follow that just because someone has one of the cheaper LPs and the other has more expensive LPs the latter will be certain to know more than the former; but it suggests they might have different levels of experience from which they can explain their observations and draw their conclusions.

On surprisingly numerous occasions I've noticed wiser words coming from those with a wide range of gear, and simplistic (and often wrong) advice coming from members who might still be waiting for their 'voice' to drop...

But on the whole I agree that it isn't really neccessary to list such details as which leads one uses to connect guitar and amp.

P.

• 3 months later...

Sounds like a Personal Opinion ! You know how THAT goes. Gee, Lighten up people. I saw a Tee shirt once...it had a bunch of different guitars arranged in a circle on the back. The caption read " The one with the most guitars wins". On the front, above the pocket, it said the same thing. It made me laugh! It was a size "S". I wear an "XL". I bought anyway. I took it home and cut it up, and framed both applications. They hang on the wall in my Music Room. (The Bedroom). It's like everything you ever wanted....All these things have a different feel...A different sound....A different application. Yeah, it can be an ego thing. By the way, I have a Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top, a Schecter S-1 Elite, a '79 Washburn Prairie Song D62sw, and tomorrow, I'm picking up my 1st USA guitar, a Gibson SG Standard. But hey, I've only got one amp. Ian said: Life's a long song.....But the tune ends to soon for us all! Peace

Archived