Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Candy Apple Blue

Dear friends at Gibson!

Could you please help me to identify CS 101433 Les Paul in Candy Apple Blue VOS I am about to buy? Seems that seller isn't 100% sure of info provided.

1. I have read it is a limited run of 25 guitars, is it so?

(ther's some info at Gibson Custom Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gibson-custom/exclusive-international-limited-runs-for-canada-europe-now-available/269763633035792)

2. Is it chambered or weight relieved?

3. Does it have rosewood or ebony fretboard?

4. What pickups are used?

Thank you very much indeed! I need to make up my mind this weekend...

Michael,

Moscow, Russia.

post-59192-095184500 1378469944_thumb.jpg

post-59192-066928500 1378469976_thumb.jpg

post-59192-014516600 1378470036_thumb.jpg

I found this, might be helpful;

The Gibson Les Paul Custom CAB V.O.S. is modeled after the legendary mid-50s model yet it also comes with some modern features. The mahogany top of the Gibson Les Paul Custom CAB V.O.S. is hand-carved, and it's fitted to a mahogany body with tone chambers to reduce weight and improve resonance. The neck of the Gibson Les Paul Custom CAB V.O.S. is made of mahogany and comes with the traditional rounded 50s Gibson profile, the rosewood fingerboard features beautiful block inlays. The Gibson Les Paul Custom CAB V.O.S. is equipped with two humbuckers: a 490R in neck position which delivers an authentic PAF sound and a 498T in bridge position that delivers a higher output with strong highs and mids due to the Alnico V magnets. The Gibson Les Paul Custom CAB V.O.S. features gold hardware and comes in a candy apple blue finish.

I found this, might be helpful;

Thanks a lot! But I've already googled and only have more questions now.

Seller insists that fret board is ebony, not rosewood.

I also run across controversial info considering pickups. Not 490 & 498 as you mentioned but Burstbackers 2&3.

http://guitarvillage.uk.com/product/11001-118/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-VOS-HB344C-Pre-Owned-2011-EC-Candy-Apple-Blue-Inc-Case-and-COA.aspx

Wrote to Gibson tech support - still silence after a week waiting :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Michael.

What was the end of the story? Did you order that guitar? I'm interested in your experience whith that stunning guitar because there is another one for sale in germany.

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/gibson-les-paul-custom-vos-custom-shop-limitiert-auf-25-stueck/182734114-74-9495

I'd like to know about the shape of the neck, weight and the sound of course.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards.

Martin

• 6 years later...