Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Emperor Regent For Sale

aksyonoff

Up fore sale is this previously owned korean Epiphone Emperor Regent in vintage sunburst finish, made in 1998. Serial #R98E 0489.

All original except:

- new frets (installed by professional master)

- new pots

- new knobs

- custom pickguard

- pickup - Kent Armstrong floating mini humbucker.

The guitar is in great condition with normal wear to the body and furniture. No cracks or serious dents.

Looks and plays great! Loud acoustically! Perfect for jazz or early blues of 1930-50s like Lonnie Johnson, T-Bone Walker, Tiny Grimes, Bill Jennings and many others!

Unfortunatelly no hard case.

Price: $700. Worldwide shipping is around $150-200.

The exchange is possible. I'm interested in korean Epi Riviera.

XU5tAC8DXek.jpg

AujbBgnlIdM.jpg

Very nice guitar! I've got one that's very similar (I think mine's a '96). The three color sunburst is SO much nicer than the newer "mud bursts" (they call them "vintage" but they look terrible imo.) Considering the upgraded pick-up and the fresh frets, it seems like a reasonable price.

I have one of the last production runs before they disco'd them.

mine was loaded grover tuners, and all that was left was the natural finishes.

this one here is very nice. I may know someone that is interested..

I'm passing this on to them

All original except:

- new pots

- new knobs

- custom pickguard

Beautiful guitar, and good luck with the sale, but I find humor in saying "all original except..."

No disrespect meant, But at this point, those changes mean it's not all original.

Given that a fret job will run you a minimum of $200.00 (that's actually way low for a bound neck such as the Emperor Regent) the Kent Armstrong around $100.00, these are real upgrades and warrant some price bump. The pots/knobs/pickguard - these are "throwaways" but they can't hurt the price - $700.00 still seems a little high for my neck 'o the woods, but probably not in Europe. Shipping is a separate issue even though it does contribute to the final price.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that a fret job will run you a minimum of $200.00 (that's actually way low for a bound neck such as the Emperor Regent) the Kent Armstrong around $100.00, these are real upgrades and warrant some price bump. The pots/knobs/pickguard - these are "throwaways" but they can't hurt the price - $700.00 still seems a little high for my neck 'o the woods, but probably not in Europe. Shipping is a separate issue even though it does contribute to the final price.

You weren't mistaken. I bought this guitar in St. Petersburg, Russia for $700 (normal price for EPI hollow body in Russia) and spend for upgrade around $300. So I think the price are very reasonable now [biggrin]. Today I have listed this guitar on ebay for $500 + worldwide shipping cost.

You weren't mistaken. I bought this guitar in St. Petersburg, Russia for $700 (normal price for EPI hollow body in Russia) and spend for upgrade around $300. So I think the price are very reasonable now [biggrin]. Today I have listed this guitar on ebay for $500 + worldwide shipping cost.

Well, best of luck with the auction! Someone will get a very nice guitar for a very decent price...

• 1 year later...

Up fore sale is this previously owned korean Epiphone Emperor Regent in vintage sunburst finish, made in 1998. Serial #R98E 0489.

All original except:

- new pots

- new knobs

- custom pickguard

The guitar is in great condition with normal wear to the body and furniture. No cracks or serious dents.

Looks and plays great! Loud acoustically! Perfect for jazz or early blues of 1930-50s like Lonnie Johnson, T-Bone Walker, Tiny Grimes, Bill Jennings and many others!

Unfortunatelly no hard case.

Price: $700. Worldwide shipping is around $150-200.

The exchange is possible. I'm interested in korean Epi Riviera.

XU5tAC8DXek.jpg

AujbBgnlIdM.jpg

Have you already parted ways with this guitar ? If you still have it i am interested. I can be found on Facebook as Rich Firyn. I live in Virginia Beach, Va. I do happen to have a very nice Epiphone Riviera w/3 P90's and Bigsby in very nice shape and playing condition. With hardshell case too of course.

Archived