Gibson Brands Forums

Robots and Roland GR-55

XavierGuerra

Hello

I have a robot les paul studio 2012 and for my birthday last week, my Dad got me a Roland GR-55 in the hope that it would work with the Robot (not that I'm grateful but I wish this had been investigated before he bought it).

Is there a way of getting the GR-55 to work with the Robot through the RIP and the Hex cable without making modifications to the guitar (e.g. replacing the piezo bridge pickup for a GK-3) and if so, what are the settings?

Thanks

Hello

I have a robot les paul studio 2012 and for my birthday last week, my Dad got me a Roland GR-55 in the hope that it would work with the Robot (not that I'm grateful but I wish this had been investigated before he bought it).

Is there a way of getting the GR-55 to work with the Robot through the RIP and the Hex cable without making modifications to the guitar (e.g. replacing the piezo bridge pickup for a GK-3) and if so, what are the settings?

Thanks

Hi Xavier, you do not need to use the GK3 pickup. Just connect the hex cable directly from the RIP to the gr55 and you are good to go!!

Archived