Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Steinberger info wanted.

Custom Richard

Info wanted!

A fiend of mine has a black three "single coil" pickup Steinberger with a screwed front plate and trans trem.

Could this be a GL3T?

And is this a collectable guitar?

I try to find some early Steinbergers on Ebay to compare some prices and models, but they are pretty rare.

If you have some info on this axe i'll be pleased.

Thanks

Richard

A fiend of mine has a black three "single coil" pickup Steinberger with a screwed front plate and trans trem.

Could this be a GL3T?

And is this a collectable guitar?

Hello Richard,

three single coils and a transtrem make a GL3T, yes. It could be a GL3T with passive tone control or a GL3TA with the active HazLabs EQ board. Collectible, yes. As pretty much every USA Steinie. However, ebay is currently a weird place, hard to find reliable "value" info there. Some crazy guys are currently trying to sell GLs at astronomical prices… nowhere near reality. Doesn't make much sense to tell you a price, without the intent to actually pay it. So put it on ebay with a 1$ start, and you'll probably find out :)

Bernd

I had a chap with this friend of mine and the guitar has an active E.Q. , but no trans-trem.

I will post some pictures and serial number when they are available.

Pics and S/N are always good :)

Without a TT, it should be a GL-3SA.

Bernd

Ok,

I recieved some pictures, but I can't upload (484k of 500k quota used)

It's not a font loaded Steinie.

Serial 6197 witch makes it a 1988 guitar I think

Hi Richard,

not sure what you mean by "font loaded Steinie". The serial points to either 1988 or 1989, this is correct. Regarding the image: you could always upload them to one of the usual image hosters and link the pic here. The direct upload capability here is a joke...

You also could send the pics via mail to me, maybe I can tell you more then.

Bernd

Archived