Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blues Driver

#1 User is offline   sgt tee 

• Group: Members
  • Locationfoothills of the poconos

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I see there are different prices and interest in this pedal. is there something I should be looking at?? Are these add on kits worth the extra bucks they are asking?? I ant to buy one of these pedals but I want one that works like it should
Keep one eye open, one eye closed!

#2 User is offline   JAC 

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

Out of the box the Boss BD2 Blues Driver is a nice overdrive. I purchased a used one with one of the most basic Monty Allum mods done to it. This thing sounds awesome. It makes my NOS Blues Junior sing real pretty like. It also stacks nicely with a booster and fuzz. I believe Keeley and Analogman also do mods on these as well. I can't give an opinion on that but, they might have a sample on their sites. I believe the Monty Allum site has sound samples but maybe not. I hope that helps you.
What da ya mean dude, You mean like dude ranch?........In other words, If music be the language of love, then play on!

#3 User is offline   Oig 

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

I've got a stock Blues Driver. It's pretty cool. Gives some of my boutique overdrives a run for their money.

#4 User is offline   charlie brown 

• Lunatic Fringe

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

There's an odd thing that happens (at least, to me), regarding "Dirt boxes," regardless of price.
At first, they DO seem to sound different, but after awhile, they ALL start sounding (basically)
the same. And, I have many, in all price ranges. So, if the Boss "Blues Driver," or any other
OD/Distortion pedal, does what you want it to do, that's all that counts! Plus, all pedals sound
different at different volume levels, even with the same settings, and in different rooms, or
environments. Even with different amps and guitars. So, be sure to test whatever you're interested
in, in as many realistic situations, as possible.

IMHO, as always...

CB

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users