Gibson Brands Forums

Question about Epiphone Prophecy GX

KingOfNynex2003

I'm planning on buying this at Long & McQuade soon and I was wondering, does anyone know if there's another guitar that has similar similar hardware on it that's cheaper than this one? I made a list of requirements when I was wanting to buy this new guitar about 4 months ago, these are the requirements:

has to be able to play both rock and metal music

have 24 Jumbo Frets

have 2 Humbucker Pickups

have a Les Paul Body

and cost less than $1000

As most of you know the Prophecy GX has all of those requirements plus much more, the guy at L&M said he could get it for me for $695 which isn't too bad, but my mom is saying that paying close to $700 for a guitar is too outrageous, this is coming from the lady who just a few years ago let me finance an Ibanez SV Prestige Guitar for $1500, which is now worth anywhere between $4000 and $5000 right now as it's discontinued and has been signed by Steve Vai. Anyway if anyone knows if there is such a guitar out there that costs less than $695 please let me know.

KingOfNynex2003

There's a LOT of LP style axes out there. I have a couple Jay Tursers that are pretty nice. WELL below the $700 mark. My JT220 is sweet! Weighs about 8 1/2 pounds. I installed 2 Mighty Mite Motherbuckers and it ROCKS! Sounds as good, and plays as good, as any of the Gibson LP's I've ever had! The other is a JT200 Pro, double cut away (think old Melody Maker), arched maple top. Better upper neck access than the JT200. Look around, play a few before you decide on one.

thanks gearhead, I have been able to find many Les Paul Guitars that have humbucker pickups, but the hard part is finding them with 24 Jumbo Frets, I have been able to find some 22 Jumbo Frets, or 24 Medium/Jumbo Frets, but I'll check out those Jay Turser ones you mentioned in your post and see them.

There's a LOT of LP style axes out there. I have a couple Jay Tursers that are pretty nice. WELL below the $700 mark. My JT220 is sweet! Weighs about 8 1/2 pounds. I installed 2 Mighty Mite Motherbuckers and it ROCKS! Sounds as good, and plays as good, as any of the Gibson LP's I've ever had! The other is a JT200 Pro, double cut away (think old Melody Maker), arched maple top. Better upper neck access than the JT200. Look around, play a few before you decide on one.

Archived