Gibson Brands Forums

Specs on an 06 Epi LP Std? A few other questions as well...

Hi all. This is my first guitar.

The main question I'm trying to find the answer to: What pickups do I have?

Guitar is serial number: dw06072621

I've got some good information about which factory in China it comes from... Here's a pic for no particular reason at all.

h4pz.jpg

The other questions - which I could probably figure out elsewhere I admit but since I'm here anyways:

1: One of the knobs is rubbing against the body. I've been wondering if it's just been bent a little bit but I'm afraid to put any force into trying to bend it back. What if it was installed like that? I don't know. Is it easy to get at that from the back? I see a cover there but it's a black box afaic.

2. What do the knobs do anyways? I was using a competitor's guitar for a little while and I understood that one of their knobs is tone for the neck and mid, the other is tone for the bridge. Then volume for all 3. This guitar has two volumes? Are both volume controls working when the switch is in the middle?

3. Speaking of which - Rhythm = bridge and Treble = neck?

Thanks in advance for any help that ye may want to give.

Thanks for the links. :)

Based on what i just read i am thinking i must have a standard plus top. I have neck and body binding and a bit of a flame veneer.

That makes it unlikely that i have iced tea burst, which is what the guitar was advertised as. I can't say i blame them. I thought it looked like iced tea myself. I suppose honeyburst might be the most likely.

And alnico classic humbuckers. Yes - good. This is good. Thanks again.

Archived