Gibson Brands Forums

Luther Dickinson ES 335-Got one??

poseyband

Been wanting a 335 for a long time. Played a couple of friends' 335s over the years and always dug em. Also been wanting a semi with p90s. Found this Luther Dickinson 335 and fell head over heals. Also has a Bigsby, which I put on all my guitars, and love love love the look, feel, and, especially, the sound.

Side note: I didn't buy it because of Luther. I dig his music and respect him as a musician, and his father, but not a huge fan. But I really appreciate that his name and sig aren't all over the guitar.

Anyway, I know they are fairly new, but haven't seen many reviews. I love mine to pieces and was curious if anyone who reads this has one or has played one. Pics to follow.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well then...

On another note, I went on a major tangent off this thread and did a bunch of research on Luther Dickinson and The North Mississippi Allstars!

I must say thank you for turning me onto them!

I'd never really heard the Dickinson name, but I had heard the name of The North Mississippi Allstars. I've also done much research on RL Burnside in the past and am a fan. I didn't know about their connection and am really impressed with what they're doing!

I think that Luther is a great guitar player and am truly interested in his stuff now!

Thanx for opening my eyes to 'em!!!

As for the axe... Looks like a nice 'un!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have one of these and I absolutely love it. Same story as you Poseyband; no real link to Luther but loved the spec of the guitar and it's a dream to play. The neck shape is perfect for me.

I'll pop a photo up when I'm not skiving at work!

Grant, Sunny Scotland.

That model is the strangest thing because I had that P90/Bigsby/335 combo in the back of my mind for a couple of years but figured I'd have to talk Gibson into making a one-off and then out it comes.

I would love to get one of those, congratulations! Maybe someday...

The first two North Mississippi All Star albums are really good.

Archived