Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone FT-155

The Fossil

New member here. I'm a 61 year old drummer, who acquired this guitar in a trade with a local school music instructor who was thinning out his collection. Here is what I traded a couple of old Peavey 12" monitor speakers for:

Epiphone FT-155 acoustic, blue label inside sound hole with FT-155 designation and the number 290508. It has the "Made in Japan" sticker on the back of the headstock. there are no other numbers that I can find on the guitar. The back has the tiger striped looking wood on the back with a tan colored wood strip running all the way from the bottom to the top where the neck attaches. The guitar is in very nice shape and has been well cared for. No case was included in the swap. Sorry, but I don't have a picture of it at the moment.

As I said, I'm a drummer and not that familiar with guitars. How old is this guitar and is it an ok one to try and learn to play on?

• 1 year later...

I have the same guitar. It's actually my daily player for a while now. It's figured ash and mine has a big, big voice. Mine is also marked "flat-top" on the label. They don't seem to command a huge selling price, making them a real bargain.

Archived