Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!!

JM2112

Well, it's new to me anyway. Now that this site is back up I can post my new CS356. [smile]

I found this lovely CS356 that was made in 2004. It is very clean and in great condition along with its Custom Shop case and COA. When I pulled it out of the box the strings were not in the best of shape and they felt rough, but regardless, it still sounded great! I put a new set of strings on it and OMG! What an awesome sounding instrument! It sounds almost as good unplugged as it does plugged in. The tone is brighter than my other Gibson guitars, and it certainly has more resonance. The back is clean, no buckle rash.

I love the scaled down body size which makes it more comfortable for me to play. As much as I've admired the ES, the larger body size just never worked for me. It weighs less than my LP's, but more than my SG. It's comes so very close to that awesome tone of an LP with the excellent playability of an SG. It takes more gain to get the same growl out of the Classic 57 pick ups on this guitar than it does on my LP Classic Custom. When played on a clean channel this thing just sparkles. I don't think I could have found a better ES guitar!

I LOVE it!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

BTW, if anyone knows what the name of this finish is I would appreciate the info...

IMG_0264_zps3ea54e0a.jpg

IMG_0259_zpsb2fff946.jpg

IMG_0270_zps5ba1dd29-1.jpg

IMG_0269_zpsae6958c2.jpg

IMG_0256_zps93d1d891.jpg

IMG_0253_zps72af2584.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!!! [smile]

After having this CS356 for about a month it continues to impress me. I could not be happier..., alright having two of these would make me happier.... ;)

Hmmm... you and two sister guitars! Every man's dream for a threesome...LOL! [thumbup]

[blush] Sorry, must have overlooked this topic somehow...

Congrats, beautiful guitar, and glad it keeps on impressing you! [thumbup]

I think it may be the very entity of a good guitar that it's surprising you time after time with what your playing may create. You're lucky to own such an inspiring tool for your music I believe. :)

[blush] Sorry, must have overlooked this topic somehow...

Congrats, beautiful guitar, and glad it keeps on impressing you! [thumbup]

I think it may be the very entity of a good guitar that it's surprising you time after time with what your playing may create. You're lucky to own such an inspiring tool for your music I believe. :)

Thanks!!! [smile]

There's no mistaking when a guitar "speaks" to you. You just can't put it down, and you can't walk away without buying it.

Thanks!!! [smile]

There's no mistaking when a guitar "speaks" to you. You just can't put it down, and you can't walk away without buying it.

This is a proof for an old saying: A fine soliloquy takes a good dialogue partner.

I love my 356! It has to be one of the best models that Gibson makes. Most people seem unaware of them. It probably doesn't help that its not listed on their web site.

Mine looks really good sitting next to my Les Paul Custom. Not twin sisters, but both are beautiful.

I developed tennis elbow in my fretting arm back in July. This really put a damper on my guitar playing. I can play for maybe 10 minutes or so before I have to stop. As much as I love my 356, I'm finding that I'm more comfortable right now with a fatter neck. So, I'm staying away from the 356 until this clears up. It's a shame because its a fantastic guitar.

Enjoy yours. It may be one of the best guitar models made period.

I love my 356! It has to be one of the best models that Gibson makes. Most people seem unaware of them. It probably doesn't help that its not listed on their web site.

Mine looks really good sitting next to my Les Paul Custom. Not twin sisters, but both are beautiful.

I developed tennis elbow in my fretting arm back in July. This really put a damper on my guitar playing. I can play for maybe 10 minutes or so before I have to stop. As much as I love my 356, I'm finding that I'm more comfortable right now with a fatter neck. So, I'm staying away from the 356 until this clears up. It's a shame because its a fantastic guitar.

Enjoy yours. It may be one of the best guitar models made period.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the ES style models, so I had no idea this guitar model even existed until I found it. I looked all around Gibson's web site for information on it and found nothing. I guess it's kind of like an off menu special at a fine restaurant. ;)

I've been looking for a while to add an ES model to my collection, but I've never felt comfortable with the larger sized bodies. So this one really fit nicely with the scaled down body. If I had to select only one guitar, it would be this CS356. I don't think I could have found a finer guitar in every respect. [thumbup]

Sorry about your elbow. Mine flares from time to time, too. This getting older stuff kind of sucks... ;)

Archived