Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Customer Service, Please Help

guitarstrummer

If anyone's reading the various posts, you can see there have been several initial problems reported. It's possible they are a result of "user error", but then again, maybe not.

The most common problem seems to be that posts are not showing up and that you have to constantly hit the refresh tab or update the pull down menu at the bottom of the page for which posts you want to display. There have also been some reports of the "error 500" message showing up.

In general, I think the new forum will be a big improvement over the old one, once the learning curve is over. At least it seems like people can now log onto the forum, where in the past it was difficult at best.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I think it would help out greatly if Customer Service could post a simple "how to" page, explaining how to bypass some of these problems that members are having. That way, we would all be on the same page and we could then know if it's "user error" or a bug in the system. Right now, no one knows if they're having problems because of a bug in the system or if they're actually doing something wrong.

After all, the sooner everyone gets on the "same page" with this new forum, the better it will be for everyone. I'm sure it's very possible that it's something very simple to fix and perhaps Customer Service can provide us the answer on how to fix the problems we're having.

OK, I just found something out which may help some of you. This would probably fall under "user error", but only because I didn't know that's what you were supposed to do.

Like many of you, I was having problems seeing the recents posts in the various threads. However, I found that if you click on the "last post" user's name at the far right side of the page under that topic, it will pull up all the most recent posts on that particular thread.

Archived