Gibson Brands Forums

ES-335 Pro

quapman

Greetings.

I thought it most fitting to drop this question here in the Epi forum.

Just wondering what folks thoughts are about the Epi ES-335 Pro?

Sounds like they are discontinued?

Do any of you have one? Or played one? What are your thoughts on it.

It felt really nice but I didn't plug it in.

Is the coil tapping for the single coil supposed to be like a P90?

Don't know anything about it other than it seems like a helluva guitar for the price.

Any thoughts/opinions would be awesome.

Thanks.

the plastic skirt on the control knob got folded under. I unfolded it, looks OK now. [sad][thumbup]

I have broken the high E string 2 times, I bend a lot, just the way I play. I might get Graphtech saddles. It sounds great, "plays" great, looks great... [thumbup]

Just wondering what folks thoughts are about the Epi ES-335 Pro?

Sounds like they are discontinued?

Do any of you have one? Or played one? What are your thoughts on it.

I played it a couple of times at the local Guitar Center. I think it's an excellent guitar. I don't find the coil splitting feature particularly useful - it just sounds thin to me, but I recommend you give it a listen and decide for yourself. Since I didn't want the coil splitting or need the extra inlays and binding I opted for the Dot. I didn't know that the 335 Pro was discontinued...? It's still available on the Guitar Center website.

I don't think so. P90 are something in-between single coils and humbuckers. Thus, they would probably sound different. If you want a humbucker that could be split into P90, you can try Seymour Duncan P-Rails. I think I saw a similar idea somewhere else, but I don't rememember their name now.

If you really need coil split feature, but your guitar does not have it, there is always a way to modify guitar electronics :)

Archived